CHAPTER EIGHTY ONE

Start from the beginning

"Wh-" Daisy confusedly struggled to get a sentence out. She returned her focus to Elena. "Where's Josette?" She asked, a worried feeling creeping up on her.

Elena clenched her jaw as she pound against the woman's chest. "Kai took her." She said, before glancing up at the monitor again. "Come on!" She yelled, tears forming in her eyes.

Daisy's surroundings began to slow as she realized where they'd gone, and what they were doing. An overwhelming feeling of fear erupted in her body and she knew she had no choice but to leave. Her eyes slowly trailed back to Elena, and the woman she was so desperately trying to save. But that was Elena's job, and Daisy had one too.

As her breathing became rapid, she felt herself stumble back and out of the room, into the hallway. "Daisy!" Elena yelled desperately, but she ignored her.

She shoved on her boots, not even bothering to tie them. She ran back out into the hall, slipping her coat on over the hospital gown before she shoved open the exit doors.

She didn't care about anything else in front of her, only the sky that hung above her heads. She so desperately wanted it to be a dark void— but the twinkling, bright stars that were most definitely planets you would not see on a normal night said otherwise.

"Fuck!" She let out, much louder than she meant to.

She ran her hands through her hair as she looked around, seeing only the poorly lit parking lot. She wasn't prepared for this; she wasn't ready to experience a merge or whatever was happening. Why didn't he tell her? Did he expect her to just sit aside and wait, like he was just going to work and coming back at 5?

Her heart thundered against her chest as the cold breeze swept past her bare legs. She was confident that he'd win, Josette was nowhere near as strong as him, but there was always that slim chance of it going wrong.

She wrapped her coat around her for warmth as she walked down the cement steps. Of course she had no clue where she was going, not only because she didn't know where Kai was, but because she was in a completely unfamiliar area.

She fought against the tears that formed in her eyes, she tried to convince herself it was because of the cold, but she knew it wasn't. She knew there was a tiny, tiny chance that Kai could come out of this dead.

She rubbed her throat, that all too familiar choking feeling desperately fought it's way up her body. She couldn't help but picture what could be happening right now, although she had no prior knowledge on how a merge worked- she knew it couldn't be a harmonious occasion.

Either way, someone was dying tonight. And she knew deep down she wasn't okay with losing either of them.

A bright light, that was followed by a swift, powerful force of magic swept by her. Daisy brought her hand up to shield her face, as her feet struggled to stay in place on the ground due to the force.

Like a small nuclear explosion, the magic swept past the town like a ripple. She quickly brought her hand down as she watched the light fade between distant trees. This couldn't be a coincidence.

"You need to get out of the road." A male voice says from behind her.

Daisy whipped her head around, her eyes clouded with tears. A man had brought his car to a stop in the road, and had stepped outside of the door.