•putting the plan into action•

(Scooter's POV)
Today is the day when Valerie's plan starts, I'm a little nervous of what will happen. I had got ready and I was pacing my room just a little. I stared at my phone and I had thoughts running through my head. I pushed them aside and picked up my phone. "Here it goes." I whispered to myself as I called her. "Hello?"

"Hey Aquantis, what's up?"

"Nothing really, what are you up to?"

"Nothing, but um, I was thinking would you wanna uh.. go on another date with me?"

"Well, you didn't fail on the last date so why not?"

"So you'll go?"

"Yes, Scooter. Where are we going? What should I wear?"

"That's a surprise and just wear anything you'll look beautiful no matter what."

"Hmm, alright. What time are you coming?"

"Around 1, is that okay?"

"Sure, I'll see you soon."

"Alright." She hung up and I could not stop smiling like a freaking idiot. I dialed Valerie's number and waited for her to answer. "Hey Scooter."

"She said yes!"

"Omg, seriously?!"

"Yeah, now where should I take her out?"

"Oh god, just take her to anything, actually there's a carnival in town."

"Alright, you should send me the details."

"Alright, have fun."

"Haha alright." Not a minute later I got a text from Valerie and she sent me the directions to the carnival. I went to the kitchen and grabbed a quick snack then made my way out the door.

I pulled into the apartment complex and parked in front of her building. I pulled out my phone and texted her that I was here. Afterwards, she texted she was on her way down. I slid my phone back into my pocket and waited for her. I absentmindedly (<---geez that's a long word) tapped my fingers on the steering wheel as I waited. I looked up once I saw a figure coming towards my car. She looks so beautiful, not just today, but every time I see her. I got out and went over to the passenger side and opened the door for her. "Thanks Scooter."

"No problem." I closed the door and jogged back over to the driver's side and got in. I started the car and began pulling out from the parking lot. "So where are we headed to?"

"That is a surprise."

"Aww c'mon tell me, please." I happened to look over and those big brown eyes. Damn it...chill, keep calm and don't tell her. "Nope, it's a surprise."

"You're no fun." I sent her a smirk and I continued driving towards the carnival. As I was getting closer to our destination, I heard giggles beside me. I quickly glanced over and saw Aquantis smiling and her cute little dimples were showing. "You brought me to the carnival?!"

"Yeah, you can thank Valerie for suggesting it."

"Omg! This will be a fun date." I smiled and I felt my cheeks heat up. I pulled into the parking lot and found a place to park. I turned the car off, I looked over and saw Aquantis get out. I chuckled, got out and locked the door behind me. "C'mon! I wanna go on the rides."

"Alright, calm down." She squinted her eyes at me, but I could still see a hint of a smile on her. Once I caught up to her I paid for our tickets and she dragged me to the first ride.

We took a break when we went on almost half the rides. We both walked over to a picnic table underneath a large canopy tent. "So, are you hungry yet?" I asked a few minutes after we sat down. "Um, a little bit."

"Do you want me to grab you anything?"

"You know, you don't have to buy me anything."

"I know, but I'm offering. Plus, this is a date and I asked you."

"Fine."

"Well, what do you want to eat then?" I noticed she looked around a bit and it looked like her eyes lit up. "Oh geez! They have fried pickles here!"

"What?" She got up quickly, took my hand and walked, more like run, to the stand. "Fried pickles?" I said, though it seemed more like a question. "Yeah, they are so good. My aunt made some for like a family party we were having and they tasted awesome."

"Uh, ok."

"I'll pay for it and you can try some of mine."

"Nah, I'm good."

"Oh c'mon!" She handed the man that worked there the money for a small plate of them. She grabbed the plate and she took my hand and walked back over to the picnic table. "Alright, are you ready to try the amazing fried pickles?"

"I'm not sure."

"It's not poisoned, c'mon, I'll eat one with you."

"Alright, alright." I took one and she grabbed one right after. She counted to three and we both ate one. "These are actually pretty good."

"Right?!" I laughed and I saw the huge smile on her face.

We hung out for most of the day at the carnival. I noticed the sun was setting and I thought 'what better to do than go watch the sunset on the pier'. Cheesy, I know, but I'm with the girl I like here. I took her hand in mine and walked us to the pier not too far from the carnival. I walked towards the end and we both sat on the bench. "Wow, the sunset looks beautiful from here."

"Yeah, I used to come here all the time with my dad."

"I had a great time today."

"Me too, do you happen to know how to make fried pickles?" She started laughing and I lightly chuckled with her. Once she calmed down she smiled. "Yes, I know how to make them."

"Great, we should make them tonight and watch a movie at your place." She giggled and we both walked back to my car.

Second date: successful.