Chapter XIV

Wednesday, May 18th
3rd Person P.O.V

Kiana was supposed to be home for only a week before she had to go back to Arizona for graduation. Today was Wednesday and as much as she was happy about being home. She missed Arizona. mainly Kash. Only Kash really. The girl who was at the moment refusing to answer any of her calls and texts.

"Sis?" Daeshawn said snapping.

"I'm sorry what?"

"You good?" He asked worried.

"Yeah. What you tryna do today?"

"I actually have to go to an interview, but ask Anya if she want to hang." 

"Ok. Good luck and feed Roscoe before you leave." She said before leaving. Her cousin lived three houses down so she wasn't going far.

Meanwhile in Arizona Kash was in a depressed like state. Not that she was letting that show. When Kiana left she knew she prolly should have said goodbye, but that would hurt too much. She was going out with other people and going to parties just to seem happy.

Her parents weren't dull though. Kiana had been Kash's first friend since Amaya left. Kash had been happy and less lonely. Sometimes they wished they gave her a sibling or something.

"you gonna answer that?" Mya asked her daughter. She knew it was Kiana because she's been calling and texting non-stop. Kash flipped her phone over and silenced it.

"You know it's not good to avoid your problems kid." Her father said.

"Good thing I don't have any."

"Ka--"

"I have to go get ready." She said, interrupting her mother.

"You going out again?" Davonte asked.

"Yea, Can I?

"Ofc but I was hoping you would help me with some stuff at school."

"On a Saturday?"

"Yea. Gotta get some stuff done before summer." He said and she sighed but still agreed. She didn't feel like being around a bunch of teenagers anyway.

"How bout after you guys are done we go out to dinner tonight. We haven't done that in a while." Her mother offered. The duo agreed and left.

When they got there they went straight towards his office and got to work on some paperwork for next school year.

"So Kash." Devonte started. Kash looked at him and waited for him to continue. "Do you know what you wanna do after you graduate?"

"Not really."

"Do you have any ideas?"

"No. Well maybe. I might want to work with you or mom."

"The education field. Is that what you want to do?" He asked to make sure she didn't feel forced to go into that field.

"Yea I like doing it. Helping around here. Even if it's not what I want to do forever. Good starting point." she answered.

After the two were done with that they went back to the house. They had a lil bit before they would go out. They got ready around 6 and the girls were done first. Davonte always took the longest.

The two women were sitting in the kitchen waiting when Kash's phone went off. She ignored it and her mother sighed.

"Kash." Mya said and Kash knew she was serious because her mother always addressed her as 'Kashy' or some other pet name.

"Yes?"

"You should talk to her." My said referring to
Kiana.

"She's just gonna leave again there's no point."

"Just cause you guys won't be together 24/7 doesn't mean you can't be friends." She said and Kash sighed. "This doesn't have to end up like Amaya, but it will if you don't talk to her."

Before Kash could respond her father came downstairs ready to go.

———————————————————————
Short Ik but really just a filler to show how Kash feeling

Anyway only a couple chapters left...