"God, you're making me feel cornered," she whimpered. "But if you're so curious, I mainly chose it 'cause it's a D1 school. Honestly, Coastal was never a part of the plan, I wanted to go to UCLA but I never got an offer. So I chose the next best thing..." she gave him a faint smile. "I'm sure you don't want to go to Toledo but if it's your only option. Then you should go."

"Yeah," Spencer sighed, hanging his head low. "You're right. I got no other offers. Toledo's...the next best thing."

"I don't mean to make you all depressed," she winced. "But, hey, you asked!"

"Don't worry about it," Spencer said. He stood up from his seat, taking a glance at the two girls and jabbed his thumb in the direction of the counter. "Gonna order a drink. You two want something?"

"Iced tea," Evelyn answered. "Actually, make that an iced tea and sandwich. My usual. Ooh, and a cookie!"

Spencer stared at the Latina with wide eyes and pointed his finger at her. "You lucky I work here."

Liv shook her head no, waiting for Spencer to fully walk away from them before turning her attention to her best friend. "You okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" she scoffed.

"You seem kind of off," Liv pointed out. "And no offense but did you even bother washing your hair?"

Evelyn let out a gasp, reaching up to pat her greasy hair that she had thrown into a ponytail. "Ricky yelled at me and we got into this huge argument. It was bad."

"All siblings fight," Liv shrugged. "It's normal."

"No offense, but you and Jordan have a completely different dynamic than me and Enrique," she rolled her eyes. "We rarely ever fight and if we do, we make up within like two minutes. But he literally told me that he hated me and that he's going to school in Texas to be away from me. Then he called me an annoying bitch and a nosy one."

"Woah," Liv widened her eyes. "Damn, I'm sorry, Evie. Your brother's an idiot."

"I know," Evelyn pouted. "I've just never seen him that angry. He literally got cleared and he still took his anger out on me, all I was trying to do was make sure he wasn't putting his life in danger."

"Does he realize how lucky he is?" Liv scoffed, shaking her head. "Not only does he have you for a sister. But he got picked to be in the All American game and he was cleared by the doctor for his heart. How the hell did he wound up being the one with good luck?"

"I asked myself the same thing," she frowned. "But, I guess Asher was using steroids a lot longer than Ricky was. He still has to be careful because of his asthma and all of that but he's one lucky bastard!"

"Are you going to the game?" Liv asked.

"No," she deadpanned. "For what? To watch your brother ride the bench and watch my brother who called me a bitch play? That'll be a hell no."

"Spencer's playing too," Liv rolled her eyes. "And I know you Evelyn...you're Enrique's biggest fan. You always show up. No matter what."

"Yeah," Evelyn sighed. "And my parents won't be there because they have something for Ale. I guess someone has to be there for Ricky."

☆☆☆

Evelyn shoved her hands into the pockets of her jacket, her foot tapped nervously as she looked out at the football field. She was never the type of person to attend something by herself but, Liv was occupied with her project for the internship, and Layla was off being a girl boss and whatnot. So, ultimately Evelyn ended up attending the All American game by herself.