*

That evening goes very awkward for them. Man appears with a lot of food in hand. Type calls around 8 to inform that he is stuck with extra and wouldn't be able to make it. Man watches Sarawat with suspicion after a point. Sarawat is not good at acting subtly. Tine texts Pear, Thun quickly and tells them to bring their friends over. 

Man hits it off with Thun's friends immediately who are all quite surprised to be invited to Tine and Sarawat's place but are happy nonetheless. He is also quick to point out that Praifah looks a lot like his and Sarawat's friend from High School. They are very surprised with her likeness in the pictures.

After that, it goes smoothly.

An hour into their impromptu housewarming party (Boss and Tine's friends have arrived by now), Sarawat notices the artificial incense stick lit in Thun's backpack pocket.

"Hey, your -"

Tine notices what he is going to ask his classmate and pulls his boyfriend back towards him. "Don't ask."

"What happened?" Thun looks at them innocently.

"Do you want more chips or drinks?" Tine asks instead.

"Nah, thanks." He goes back to focus on his cards game with Fong, Khiew, and Boss. Man is sitting next to them chatting with Prince, Praifah, and Ohm. Peuk couldn't make it because he was out on a date.

"I don't get it," Sarawat says, confused.

"He gets distressed if someone mentions it."

"But, the battery must be getting wasted."

"Probably but it's his choice. Let it be."

"If you say so."

Thun looks up at them just then and glimpses at his bag as if he heard them even though he is on the other side of the hall. 

Tine smiles at him. 

Sarawat shivers next to him.

"What?"

"I felt chills." He shows Tine the hair raising up on his arms. 

"You're cold?"

"No. Just- Nevermind."

As Tine faces away from him, he sees Thun looking at some point beyond Sarawat's shoulders and a slight smile playing on his lips. He then catches Tine's eyes and drops his eyes to his cards.

Thun is usually very distracted, off staring into walls in random moments but sometimes ...

Tine shivers himself.