Chapter 9

Avery's POV:

Shoot!!! Oh no!!!

I completely forgot about today!!! It's the day my brother said he was visiting me and it's already noon. His plane has probably already landed and I promised to pick him up today!!!

I hurried down the stairs with toast still hanging in my mouth while trying to put on my shoes. In the end, under 5 minutes, I was successfully out of the house but once again got held back but this time because of traffic. 

Finally after what seemed like hours because the traffic wasn't going away for half of the ride to the private airport station of my brother, I reached my destination. 

And there he was...........

my brother...

my life......

the only person who I care for more than anyone else in the world including myself. 

I ran to him like I've never ran before and jumped on him. I hugged him so tightly that he may have even felt difficulty breathing by now but I couldn't help it.  

Although I really enjoyed my freedom but that didn't mean I didn't miss my brother. Even if we talked everyday, that wasn't the same as being face to face and sharing our experiences and just enjoying life. 

I was glad that he came here. Bro told me that he had some work to do here so will be staying here for about a month.

I hope that is true and that he didn't just make this up because he wants to see me. 

In that case, wouldn't he be putting his work off for a month then? I never wanted to be a burden to him but since he said it's for work then I will make sure he still works.

After like 10 minutes, I finally stopped hugging brother and stepped towards his plane to get his luggage but before I could actually pick anything up, he ordered his assistance to have someone pick up the luggage and then signaled me to come back to him. 

I did what he told because right now, I didn't care about pretending to be a middle class girl, I just wanted to spend as much time as I could with my brother since I know we wouldn't have that much time to hang out specially since I start my job on Monday and then go to college every day after my job. I will get really busy and my brother too will be busy with his work so right now is the time when I can fully hang out with my brother the most in these upcoming weeks. 

I started to talk to my brother about all the things that have happened to me in these past few days including the weird guy, the interview, and me getting the job. I didn't say much about the weird guy because after knowing he works at the same place as me, I wouldn't be able to continue my job anymore. I didn't forget to mention how I even made a friend and how great she was. I bragged about how cool she was and how I was friends with the most awesome person so that my brother trusts her and lets her be friends with me. 

No matter what since it's always been my brother and me together, I always follow all that my brother says no matter how much I want to say no. 

However, this time, I didn't want him to ask me to stop being friends with her. I don't think I can ever do something like that. Not now not in the future because Elizabeth is a really sweet person and she is the first real friend I have. Other than her, I only know brother and brother Logan who are my age and could be counted as friends but not really.