Chapter 1

Avery's POV. 

Today I finally convinced my overprotective brother to let me away and live a low profile life. Reason? My brother and I are a little rich and because of this, I don't get along with many people. They think of me as a spoiled rich brat and always try to deceive me by acting as my friend and then later on using me to get close to my brother, trying to fool him into giving them money. That's when I decided that for my last year of college I should start a new life. Moving away from home and pretending to be a typical middle-class girl so that I could fit in just like anyone else. I knew karate and had gotten a black belt and personally been taught how to fight by my brother so unlike other rich people I could move in through without any problems of bodyguards at my side however even I had to compromise in letting my brother keep track of my location to get to me if any problems arise. 

Anyways......

I moved into my new house provided by my brother but that doesn't mean I could live for free!!!

I couldn't allow that to happen and let my brother take care of me so I had to first start by looking for a job as soon as I get adjusted with the new house and all. Finding a job would be rather easy for me since

 1) I am a genius who is in her last year of college only at 18. 

 2) You had to be at least 14 years here in America to get a job.  

Picture of the house:

With a pretty backyard hideout only available for me and my bro

I have my own master bedroom and a big bedroom next to it for my brother for whenever he decides to visit me and 2 other guest rooms

I have my own master bedroom and a big bedroom next to it for my brother for whenever he decides to visit me and 2 other guest rooms. The kitchen's pretty good too. I even have my own library. Both me and my brother's room is very clean and tidy. Even though I like to mess up my room a lot I always call my brother to clean it up for me since I like neat places however this time I would have to do that on my own. Shouldn't be a problem right?

Anyways around 6pm in the afternoon I got most of my things that were delayed in coming and I started setting up rest of the furniture and all my books and study room with my study materials set too. Now that I look at my house again, I immediately feel more warm and cozy - maybe because all my personal things have been finally set into places but now I'm really liking my house more and more. 

I freshened up and took a shower in the bathroom of my room and wore soft and nice feeling PJs that I brought with me in my suitcase.

 I was only at home so I didn't really care how I looked or what I wore plus as weird or more revealing as it might look the truth was that these nightwear made me feel very comfortable and I instantly found myself laying down on my bed ready to s...

 I was only at home so I didn't really care how I looked or what I wore plus as weird or more revealing as it might look the truth was that these nightwear made me feel very comfortable and I instantly found myself laying down on my bed ready to sleep right after calling my brother. 

"Hey bro!"

"Hi" my brother replied with a slightly sad smile on his face which made me almost guilty for leaving him. Almost...

"Ok so I moved in today and I just LOVE THIS HOUSE!! Omg brother your choice of house was really good. I'm sure you'll love it when you come visit me from time to time." I said, showing him how excited I was for the future. 

"Yeah I'll find time for my baby sis any day and leave all my work behind."

"Come on brother! You can't do that. You know work comes first." I said, now getting upset at him. If this goes on then my brother may get removed from his position or he might even himself leave everything behind for me, making me a bad influence on him. 

Then suddenly my brother said with a hoarse voice but then got rid of it making me think for a second whether I just hallucinated and he said, "Without you at home, it feels too empty now. Are you sure you don't want to come back?"

I replied right away without any hesitation, "Yes! I want to for once live my life as a normal girl and earn a name for myself instead of relying on you all the time, Andy". 

Andy is my brother's nickname that I use to call him, his real name is actually Andrew.  And my nickname is.......embarrassing

"Alright Munchkin, I respect your decision and won't say anything but let me make one thing clear. NO DATING!!!"

Uhhh.....I told him many times not to call me Munchkin but he doesn't listen moreover what Dating??

I am here to study, make true friends, experience hardships and learn how to live like a normal person. It's hard enough to make time out of studying and all I got no time for dating. And anyways, when I have my brother why would I need a boyfriend? 

My brother is my everything but of course I won't tell him that! It's too embarrassing. So Instead I just rolled my eyes and agreed to everything he says. 

"Fine, fine. Okay I won't even try to look at guys except ones from my work and colleagues and you. Happy?"

"Good! Remember if you even like anyone or anyone starts chasing after you, I'LL BREAK ALL HIS LIMBS AND SEND HIM TO THE HOSPITAL FOREVER!!!" He says. 

Seriously...sometimes he's just too much. I know it's because we only have each other since our parents died when I was 3 and he was 15 so since then after everything that happened to us and people disguising themselves to go after us and kill us, we stopped trusting people but now I'm just an ordinary young adult and no one would go after a normal middle-class girl. 

I finally said goodbye to him and escaped him nagging. Then turned off all lights and slept peacefully in my new bed leaving all the college, study, and job stuff to tomorrow as it was getting late and the best way to achieve great productivity is getting a good night's sleep. I closed my eyes and fell asleep thinking of the future I will soon have starting tomorrow.