Chapter 8

Kevin's POV:

That girl.......

she never fails to amaze me. Every time I meet her, I always feel surprised by her unexpected but cute actions. 

The interview went really well. She by far was the best candidate for the PA position of my or currently Logan's Personal Assistant. 

The thought of meeting her again seemed to lift my mood up after it had dropped down seeing her leave the office building from the top floor this morning.  

--Flashback---

At first when I forgot my file in the interview room, I didn't think Avery would still be there but as always, opposite of what I assumed, she was still in the interview room. Moreover, she also did this very cute but weird dance that made me laugh out loud. 

I tried stopping myself but by then it was too late. She turned around and showed all kinds of interesting expressions on her face. All of them which almost succeeded in arousing me to come close to her and pinch those red cheeks of her. 

Just as I finally controlled myself and made my way to pick up the file, I ended up catching another glance of her through the reflection she had on the door. 

Unable to stop myself, I finally did something which left even me shocked to the core. 

I winked at her and even called her My Wild Kitty. 

Gosh!!!! What were you even thinking, Kevin!!

Ahh!!! You dumbass....don't tell me you feel something for that weirdo. 

No....no way...

I must've started to get crazy. I barely even know her!!!

Yup....she's definitely done some black magic on me, but even so......I want to see her again...and tease her...until her whole face and neck gets beetroot red. 

---End Flashback---

I got home after another long day at work. My muscles sore and tired as usual. I started giving myself a massage when I hear my mom and dad call me from downstairs. 

These days, I have been finally free of all of Elizabeth's complaints. 

I heard she now got a friend at school. Lucky for her. But now, why are mom and dad calling me. 

Uhhh!!! Soo tired.....

But even so, I chose the smart thing to do and made my way downstairs. 

"What's up mom? Dad?" I called out to them while heading down the stairs.

"Finally, you're here Kevin." Mom said and she got up from the sofa and went into the kitchen to fetch me a glass of water. 

That was very surprising. 

Mom never dotes on me and gives me glasses of water to drink just out of fun. 

She must want something from me again. 

"What is it that you want mom?"

"Stupid, insolent child. Is that how you talk to your mother??" My dad scolded me as soon as he heard me say that. 

Well I guess I was being rude. Working a lot and preparing so that Logan can use the position made me overwork today. What's happening to me?