“M’s-.. s-s-so-sorry” I mumbled

“Don’t be” Demetri shook his head “You’ve redeemed yourself over and over, I’m not mad at you” 

“None of us are Harles” Sam assured “Do we question your dating choices? Most of the time” she grinned, making me giggle quietly “But we love you all the same”

I smiled, giving all the Miyagi-Do kids a soft smile, which they returned. I wanted more than anything to explain everything to them, explain my thought process, why I was staying at Cobra Kai, but it would have to wait. Hawk soon walked out of Counselor Blatt’s office, with his head hung down, oh good grief.

“Caldwell, Johnson, Rickenberger, the three of you and Eli are free to go” She announced

I saw the triumphant look on all the boys' faces. I stayed put with Demetri, I didn’t wanna leave him.

“Unbelievable”

“You’re kidding me!” Sam exclaimed “What about us?”

“The rest of you will be receiving rehabilitative, not punitive, Saturday detention- oh, except you of course Harley” the teacher caught eye of me

“Harley come on” Hawk jerked his head back

I didn’t…. want to go with him. I looked over at Sam, she gave me a worried look, and at the moment, I reciprocated it.

“It’s okay” she whispered

“Harley, come on” Hawk muttered, slightly more forcefully 

I shook my head, I didn’t want to go with him. I wanted to stay with Sam and Demetri, I wanted to be around… people I trusted. Hawk looked angry when I had refused to go with him again.

“Miss Lawrence I think it’s best you go with Eli and his, friends”

I shook my head even more at that, refusing Counselor Blatt and standing closer to Demetri. I reached behind Demetri with my right hand, Sam took a hold of it. I reached up to the hand hanging around my shoulder with my left, holding Demetri’s hand, which he held onto tightly.

“Harley I said come on!” Hawk stepped forwards and tried to grab my arm

“Mr. Mosk-.... That is extremely inappropriate behavior, I do not want to have to write you up for detention as well” Counselor Blatt warned “Now Miss. Lawrence, are you going or are you staying?”

Hawk was giving me a furious look. I let go of both Sam and Demetri’s hands, stepping forwards and taking a slow step to Hawk. I saw a smirk fall onto his face, another ‘I’ve won’ face. At the last second, I sent a hard sucker punch to Hawk’s jaw, sending him to the ground instantly.

“Miss Lawrence!-”

“Det-.... tion” I wheezed, standing back with Demetri and Sam

Hawk stood up, shoving away with help of Rickenberger and Caldwell. He glared at me, whipping the blood away from his nose. I wrapped my arm around Demetri again, Hawk wasn’t going to hurt me, at least, not yet. Hawk gave every single one of us a warning look before running off in a pissy huff, followed by the rest of the boys.

“Badass” Sam whispered, as quietly as possible

I looked over ather, giving her a weary smile. Detention wasn’t the end of the world for me, not like I hadn’t gotten it before, and dad wouldn’t care.

“Well… There goes another blemish on my permanent record” Demetri grumbled

“Yes yes” Counselor Blayy waved off “Are you happy to be joining them all Miss. Lawrence? Are you proud?”

“This is bullshit!” Sam exclaimed, obviously not over it yet

“Miss LaRusso! This is not how we express ourselves here. I think you need two weekends of rehabilitative detention”

Sam was fuming. I don’t think she’s ever had detention in her life. She looked like she was about to explode.

“This school sucks!” Sam shouted, slamming her fist into a locker before storming off

I watched her run off. I should go after her, I don’t want her to get in any more trouble. God knows what Mr. Larusoo would say.

“I-I don’t know her that well-”

“Mmm!” I grunted

I nudged Demetri in the side, stopping his lie. He looked down at me with an annoyed look, but then he sighed and nodded after I gave him a look. I kept my arm wrapped around Demetri, pulling him out of the hallway, the rest of the guys following after us.

“So...” Demetri sighed “What’re you going to do about your husband?” I sighed, shoving my face in Demetri’s shoulder, showing that I wasn’t in the mood for this right now “Alright alright” Demetri chuckled “Hey uh… Give me a ride home on the bike?”

I chuckled, nodding my head and walking with Demetri down the hallway. 

I missed my best friend… It had always been Eli, Demetri and me. Of course we knew times would change, but I never would’ve imagined this. I have gone down lots of roads in the past two years. Hopped fences, tracked through forests and jumped onto random paths, and lots of the time I didn’t know where I was going. But I always had Demetri and Eli beside me, I couldn’t bear to lose either of them… 

-'|'-'|'-'|'-