Chapter 3: The Sleep Bug

Start from the beginning

Red Son chuckled. "True...I take it the race was just you and Father playing a joke?"

"According to humans, that would be considered too harsh. But yes." Iron Fan said with a nod.

Red Son chuckled. "Their sense of humor isn't very amusing." He then stood. "Thank you, Mother. I'm going to get some fresh air."

Iron Fan nodded, standing up herself and leaving the room.

Red Son then opened the garage door and went inside his car/bike. He revved up his vehicle before zooming off into the city.

But when he saw the city? It was...empty. Too empty. It was almost like a ghost town.

The Boy Sage King hummed before continuing to drive around. Then? He saw a handful of people on the street...sleeping?

"Lazy mortals." Red Son hummed before continuing to drive....but that's when he saw more and more people throughout the city asleep.

He kept driving and driving before realizing...the whole city had been put to sleep. He quickly put things together. His phone had randomly buzzed and vibrated with a notification for a game called 'Sleep Bug'.

It wasn't a friend who sent them that. He didn't have any friends!

Red Son growled before driving to the most horrendous spot he knew...Pigsy's Noodles. But as he hopped out of his car, he realized what he was doing. He growled. "Am I really going to the heroes?! To warn them of this?!" He facepalmed before remembering his mother's words.

Whatever they chose, they'd do together.

"...warning them doesn't mean I've made a choice." Red Son told himself before going inside the shop...to see Pigsy, Tang, and Mei all asleep on the floor.

Red Son rolled his eyes. "Of course the idiots clicked on it. Why am I not surprised?" He asked before grabbing the pig and shaking him, even slamming his head against the table. He didn't make a sound.

He then hummed, scratching his chin. "It seems the spell isn't a minor nuisance. The Noodle Boy is either asleep or doing his 'heroic deed' and finding a way to reverse it." He then grabbed a hold of Mei, looking her over. "Nothing I can use to reverse it myself-"

He then blinked. "Reverse it?! Why would I-" He groaned, his hair lightly bursting into flames. 

Red Son then looked at the sleeping Mei and growled. "You better be grateful."

He then summoned his gauntlet, a red holographic screen emerging from it. He started scrolling through before coming across a file called 'Sleep Bug'.

He started reading. "A virus developed by an anonymous programmer that will put the player into a peaceful, but neverending sleep. Agencies found that the cure for it was to delete and de-bug the game at The Cloud...but there is a much quicker cure for one person. A controlled volt of electricty." He hummed. "A quick shock? Alright."

He then went back into his car to grab a device from his home, driving off.

When he returned, he noticed Pigsy was gone...but eh. He never liked Pigsy that much anyway.

He then sat Mei up and lightly took the device, which was a small metal rod of some kind, and tapped it on Mei's shoulder, giving her a small shock.

"OW!" Mei cried, waving her arms around. "Who-" She then gasped. "...Red Boy?"

"IT'S RED SON!!!" He screamed before groaning. "I wake you up from an eternal slumber and you don't address me with-"

"I'm sorry." Mei suddenly said.

Red Son was left a bit...surprised, but he shook it off. "Uhh, yes. An apology...that is...accepted." He then blinked before standing, not helping Mei to her feet.

Mei tilted her head before seeing her phone still flashing with the Sleep Bug ad. She gasped. "PHONE...HOW COULD YOU BETRAY ME?!"

"It wasn't your phone. It couldn't physically betray you...as far as I know." Red Son mumbled the last part. "Someone's reinstalled the Sleep Bug virus into everyone's cellular devices simultaneously."

Mei then gasped again. "And...you saved me from it?"

"H-HEY! I was doing you a favor!" Red Son said before seeing a smile grow on Mei's face. "DON'T-"

Mei hugged him tightly. "I'm so proud of you, Red! C'mon! We got a lot of people to wake up-"

Then? A giant wave went through the Noodle Shop, and Tang groaned as he woke up, yawning. "Is it already morning...?"

Red Son blinked. "Guess the Noodle Boy DID wake everybody up."

Mei laughed. "That's our MK!"

Tang then turned and gasped. "RED SON?!"

Red Son blinked before quickly teleporting back into his car and driving off.

Mei watched him drive off through the window. "He...helped me..." She whispered.

Tang blinked before rubbing his eyes. "Hey, where's Pigsy?"