18. {senior scribe}

Start from the beginning

"you sure you're okay?" scott quizzed.

liam nodded, "it won't happen again."

"you're in complete and total control?"

"yeah. complete and total." liam confirmed.

scott nodded and undid the chains. they fell into stiles bag and the boy picked it up. he, scott and moonee began walking to the jeep, leaving liam to trail behind them.

"you think we could grab some food on the way?"

"you shouldn't eat before your date." stiles advised.

"that's not a rule." moonee scoffed, "and as if i'd take relationship advice from you."

"ah? why wouldn't you?" stiles questioned as he opened the back door of his jeep.

"because we all know malia dominates." moonee said.

stiles glared at her, "get inside." he slightly pushed her into the jeep. moonee laughed while scott chuckled, knowing she had struck a nerve.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"is it a party?" liam interrogated.

they were on their way to pick up malia for some event the school was doing for the seniors. liam had moonee squashed to the left side of the jeep as he leaned forward in the middle.

"it's not a party." stiles answered.

"then what's at midnight?"

"your bedtime."

"why aren't the girls going?" liam continued.

"they're meeting us there, okay?" stiles snapped, "and just stop asking questions, all right? it's a senior thing. you'll know when you're a senior."

"you guys having trouble with your phones?" scott quizzed.

"yeah, it's the storm." moonee explained, "78 percent chance it's interfered with most of the cell towers."

"you're percentages must be an estimate." stiles shook his head, "or just random numbers."

"it's neither." moonee rolled her eyes, "i just know."

the engine began to splutter, shifting everyone's attention.

"oh, what the hell?" stiles looked down at his car, "moon, was that you?"

moonee looked at him in shock before slumping to her seat. "why do you guys assume any minor inconvenience is me?"

"because half the time it is."

"78 percent of the time it is."

"ha-ha." moonee rolled her eyes.

"you out of gas?" liam asked.

"no, it's electrical." stiles told him, "probably the alternator again."

scott and stiles both exited the car, making their way to the hood.

liam placed one of his earbuds in his ears and held the other out in his hand.

"panic at the disco?" moonee asked him.

"yeah."

"good." she took the earbud from him but quickly wiped it on his jumper.

"really?" liam gave her a look.

she gave him one back and placed the earbud in her ear. the thunder began rumbling and lightning struck behind them, catching their attention.

"guys..." liam started, the two were now turned around and watching the back of the road.