CHP 35: AWKWARD COUPLE DANCES

As everyone entered the hall, there were dances and fun and food and what not! It was a prom to remember...absolutely wonderful. Some hours into the prom, the anchors took over and everyone gathered around the dais to listen to them speak. "Hello, lovely ladies and handsome hunks! Hope y'all are having the best time of your lives! In a few minutes, we will announce the most awaited results, Our Prom Queen and Prom King!! Let's hear your excitement... Yess!! The votes have been taken from the 1st year graduates and from you all, the 2nd year graduates. We have also considered votes taken at the start of the year, as you all know. Let's see who wins! Are y'all ready? Woohoo!!"
The excitement among the students was at its peak and it was quite evident on their brightened-up glowing faces.
And then, came the announcement, "So students, Prom Crowns are indeed awarded for Beauty but, the beauty is not just the external appearance, but also the intrinsic beauty which is extremely essential for one to possess. We consider this when we choose our prom king and queen. Now that we have all the criteria for the winners cleared, let me begin with the results! Are y'all excited??!!! Alright then, for Prom King of the year, the top four of this year were Oliver James, Felix River, Peter Williams, and Michel Oblack. All the top nominees would be receiving Gifts for sure, but the Crown goes to just one of you."
As the anchor said this, the boys held each other's hands, as they do in beauty contests and Oliver said, "Whoever wins, treats the others to beer", a typical men conversation.
"So.... the winner is..... Michel Oblack!", tears rolled down Michel's eyes as he had never even expected to win anything, let alone such a prestigious contest...PROM KING! Wow! Everyone congratulated him and he hugged all his friends and sat down, waiting for the Prom Queen to be announced.
"Congratulations Michel! So now we proceed for the top four contestants for our Prom Queen... Cheryl Matthews, Jennifer Lampard, Kate Collins, and Catherine Shawns."
When Catherine's name was announced, all the students were confused, while Michel and others were silent, feeling a lump in their throats and tons of emotions piling up. Cheryl and Kate immediately composed themselves and also helped Michel calm down and then, the event continued.
"My sincerest apologies! I was unaware of the past incident. I was just given the names of the top four elected from the beginning of the year. Sorry again, and umm... let's continue with our night, shall we? So, the winner of Prom Queen is...... any guesses??... Cheryl Matthews!"
Everyone applauded heartily as Cheryl, one of the most prettiest and charming girls of their batch had won the Prom Queen title. Michel and Cheryl walked upon the stage, hand in hand, to receive their awards and their crowns.
After the award ceremony, they had dinner while everyone was engrossed in a constant effort of clicking pictures with all their batch mates. We all know how proms are, everyone wants a picture with everyone! Later they proceeded for the dance. They all had fun. Kate and Michel had some awkward moments while dancing together and so did Felix and Amanda. We know how awkward couple dances can get at times, especially when you are not actually dating or crushing on each other. The most synchronized dance was of Cheryl and Oliver. They had reached to such perfection in their dance, that it almost looked like a single soul in two bodies. Their movements were in perfect tune and the two were mirroring each other's moves beautifully. They danced with passion, looking directly into each other's eyes, with a lot of nervous hand-holding, of course; their minds wandering wildly, sometimes, each other's faces, inches apart. In all, they had a lovely time, but still, were far far away from Love.