Kristy and the Snobs

RAYNA'S ROOM ^ (her room has more space, but her bed and chair are the main things in her room)

RAYNA POV

I opened my eyes only to shut them again as the sun shone in my eyes. I made a mental note to ask Liz and Watson for blinds or curtains.

I sat up, groaning, and looked at my hanging chair that swung in the nonexistent breeze across my room.

A few minutes later, I got out of bed, threw on a sweatshirt, and left my room. I was just about to start walking down the stairs to breakfast but stopped when I heard David Michael's voice.

"It's hard to sleep without him." I instantly knew he was talking about the family dog Louie. He had been put down a bit before the move and it had hurt everyone to need to leave him.

"I know." I heard Kristy reply. I silently groaned, knowing that I couldn't go down until this conversation was over. I had learned the hard way not to walk in on a conversation between Kristy and someone else when the topic was Louie.

"Do you think he knew it was going to happen when they took him to the vet?" David Michael asked Kristy.

I heard footsteps to my right and turned to see Danny. (for those of you that don't remember Danny, he is Rayna's twin brother.) "Why aren't you going down?" He asked.

"Listen." Was all I replied with.

"He was so sick, buddy." Kristy said, making Danny's face turn from confusion to a combination of understanding and annoyance. "And he was in a lot of pain. He knew the vet would make it go away. And he knew we really loved him."

David Michael put his head on Kristy's shoulder and Kristy put her head on his.

Eventually, Kristy raised her head and told David Michael, "Come on. Let's go get some breakfast."

As Kristy and David Michael stood up, Danny and I started down the stairs.

"Why do we always need to wait for Kristy to finish her conversations?" Danny complained.