7. A Forbidden Kiss

Weeks passed after that fateful interaction, your time was no longer divided, and you found yourself completely trapped in recording booths.
Semi looked as if he was ready to punch the next official on your team who walked through the door. "They don't even let us fucking live a little." He, whinged slamming his fist on the desk, "Eita sit down." Arata scolded as he packed his drumsticks away, "why? Since when were you, my dad?" Semi was being a prick, but he was tired, everyone was, whatever fight arose from this would be petty and meaningless.

Satoshi looked up from the notebook he was writing in, you nodded at him silently begging him to intervene. "Both of you sit down, Eita next to y/n, Arata you can sit with me. We still have a meeting to sit through." They both huffed but neither one dared to argue. Satoshi rarely raised his voice, and as the eldest everyone had respect for him, so when he scolded people, they felt compelled to oblige.

"Why are we even having this stupid meeting—" you elbowed Semi, "Eita" you cautioned knowing exactly how he was going to finish that sentence.

"We're having this meeting to track our progress, Eita, things aren't always as simple as they were in high school." By now it was obvious that Arata was deliberately angering Semi he had been all day but the most you could do was lay a hand on Semi's shoulder and grip it lightly to stop him from leaping across the booth to strangle Arata.

Normally the two of them got along better than most people did. In fact, Arata and Semi were probably the best duo in the band, but when they were both tired and deprived of a social life and privacy they got on each other's nerves.

Thankfully your managers walked through the door at the right moment. "Good evening, everyone!" The young intern piped up, she was sunshine incarnate and always there to make you smile. "Good evening Sayuri-kun." You said and she beamed brightly at you. There was a little bit of sunshine in each of her actions, she was a radiant person.

"You've made good progress; the album is finished now?" Your older manager raised an eyebrow at Satoshi who nodded, no one really liked the old man, but he knew what he was doing. "Two singles left?" Once again Satoshi nodded and Sayuri wrote something down in her notepad. "Well, it's late now, so you can all go home and have a break for the weekend." Your new and far younger manager quickly butted into the conversation upon seeing everyone's tired expressions.

As everyone walked out of the recording studio Semi grabbed your wrist. "I'm sorry I was a prick, I'm just tired." You nodded and hugged him, "mate you don't have to explain yourself. Let's go rest." He nodded and you heard him sniff as the two of you made your way out of the building.

When you arrived back at your apartment, alone and tired, all you wanted to do was fall into a heap on the floor and sleep.

So why were you still walking?

Why were you standing at the door?

Why were you knocking on it?

Bokuto opened the door after the third rap of your knuckles. His eyes travelled over your dishevelled appearance as he ushered you inside. You'd managed to text him a few times during your weeks away, but it wasn't enough. He'd dropped by your apartment every day hoping that you'd come home, only to be left disappointed time and time again.

He felt his heart skip a beat as he opened the door for you, because you were here, and you'd come to him. "How was your band thing?" You sighed and the emotion in that one sigh was enough of an answer for him.

"I ordered dinner a few hours ago but there's some soup dumplings left over; would you like some?" You nodded, sitting down at the bench, and burying your head in your arms. He walked over to you and lifted your chin, "y/n..." he trailed off staring into your eyes, "I'm here for you. But you need to talk to me if you want me to help."

He didn't let go, he kept your chin cupped in his hand as he waited for your response, "I missed you, Bo." You choked out through a whimper, his eyes softened, "well you've got me now." He said kissing your forehead making you feel hot and flustered.

The night passed easily after eating you fell asleep on the couch watching Demon Slayer with him, he pulled your head onto his shoulder and wrapped a blanket around you as he fell asleep.

When you woke up the sun was burning through the apartment, Bokuto being Bokuto didn't sleep with the blinds drawn so the sun woke you in all its magnificent glory.

You shifted, feeling the empty space beside you, 'where is he?' Your mind began thinking of all the worst outcomes, convinced that he'd left you alone and you began to panic.

But then you saw him walk out of the bathroom, topless, wearing only black tracksuit pants, his hair wet and messy from a shower and a towel wrapped around his muscular shoulders.

You gulped he was truly the most beautiful thing that you had ever laid your eyes upon, you urged yourself to behave and not let your mind travel to the dirtiest of places, but it wasn't particularly easy.

"Mornin'" he said as he walked towards you, you couldn't answer him you mouth hung open useless yet again. He sat down beside you turning to face you slightly.
"How'd you sleep?" You groaned stretching your arms above your head, "great until my retina's were burnt by the sun this morning." He chuckled shaking his head water droplets sprinkling your cheek.
His eyes blazed with soft passion as his hand cupped your cheek, thumb grazing over your cheek and sweeping away the water. "Sorry about that, I like the sun," you smiled softly blinking tired eyes as you slowly ushered your mind into order. He watched you, hair dripping in front of his face, "you look radiant in the mornings," he whispered entranced completely by your tired state. You breathed out a laugh leaning into his touch, "hmm is that so?"

He nodded pulse rising the more you leant into his touch, "I mean you've always looked good, this is just..." his voice trailed off as his golden eyes travelled over your body, "you just look whole." He finished his sentence eyes fluttering shut for a moment. "Didn't know you were so good with words," you teased sitting up and pulling the blanket tighter around you, "oh I'm the bestest at Japan." He responded a light chuckle forced its way through your feeble efforts to control your laughter. "Dork." You responded resting your head on his sternum, his deep chuckle shook your frame as he lifted up your head.

Bokuto grinned, a lopsided thing, a radiant thing, but you only got a moment to admire it before you were brought into a kiss. A real kiss, one that left you breathless, that made you feel as if you could jump from a skyscraper and fly.

His lips were soft breath tinged with a subtle peppermint scent, your hand moved up to tangle in his locks as he pulled you closer till the point you were sitting on his lap. A gasp of surprise left your lips which only allowed for him to deepen the kiss a subtle groan leaving his lips as you pressed closer.
Moments passed the longing you'd known all you life dispersing into the wind as you became completely consumed by him, he pulled apart finally your breathing heavy as his golden eyes met with yours, just as he was about to pull you back in a knock sounded on the front door, he groaned a longing gaze piercing yours.
You placed your hand on his cheek kissing the top of his head briefly before whispering, "duty calls?" He nodded kissing the tip of your nose briefly as you stood up. "I have to brush my teeth anyways, I've got morning breath."
He chuckled pushing you in the direction of the bathroom, "there's a new toothbrush and all the toiletries in the bathroom, have a shower as well you stink."

A playful smile was on your face as you turned away running your fingers across your puffy lips.