2. The Unknown Possibilities

You paced around your apartment Semi was supposed to be here fifteen minutes ago, for two reasons.

1. You had a song to write and, expecting fans.

2. You were freaking out over your high school crush.

There was a third reason which is you not knowing what to wear for this function but that was for Keiji to worry about not Semi. As you paced around your recording room you gnawed at your thumb anxiously waiting for the notification from Semi that he was here.

Door, window, door, window, door, window, door, window, door, window, phone, door, window, door, window...

Finally, the sound of the notification came through, you sprinted through your apartment aggressively greeting Semi at the front door.

"Finally, where the hell were you?!" You question came through pants which lightened Semi's features. "Sorry I got held up in traffic." You looked at him puzzled, "you've got a motorcycle..."

"Doesn't mean I disobey the traffic laws." He brushed past you, throwing his keys onto the counter, and making his way through to the recording studio. Bewildered, you slammed the door shut after him and chased him through the apartment. "I've got no idea what to write for this..." he nodded, not helping. "What does the studio even want?"

"A song." Semi's voice was monotone and curt you huffed annoyed by the way he was acting, "dude help me out here."

"I dunno mate, they asked for a song, that's it."

"Are we doing a single or are we talking more album vibes?"

"Mate seriously?" He cocked an eyebrow at you lounging back and lazily reaching for his guitar, "yes seriously! You gave me nothing to work with!" Pouting Semi threw his phone at you, "password is 820341, it's in my messages with the label." Thanking him your hands flew across the keyboard frantically searching for the messages.

——

Controlling Pricks

What are we doing, album or single?

We need an album by the end of the year.
Two singles as well.

——

"That's it? You couldn't have told me that?"

"Nah, forgot." You rolled your eyes; Semi was your best friend. The two of you had been close all through high school, but sometimes he was a drop kick of a human being, and you had to try extra hard not to punch him.

"You're so helpful." You fake smiled and threw the phone onto his groin causing him to groan. "Likewise, how's your boy drama?" You dropped your head into your hands leaning on the desk, "I don't even know anymore man, I haven't seen him in years. Maybe it'll be different. I'm probably just fantasising over the boy I knew in high school." Semi hummed neither agreeing or disagreeing, "you don't reckon you're overthinking this?"

"Probably, hey why don't we do some songs for this crap?"

"Absolutely not, I hate that sappy lovey dovey shit."

"Yeah, but it rakes in fans man." He nodded, "yeah I get that, but it just doesn't feel right."

"Well what else are we gonna make this about?"

"I dunno, that's your job." Sighing you slid into your desk chair grabbing your notebook and propping your feet on the desk. You and Semi argued over ideas for a while until a phone call from Reon broke the silence.