8. Will Time Heal All?

"I hate change." You spoke up across the booth from Bokuto, the two of you were out for your morning coffee run before practice, and you were having a particularly bad day.

"Change doesn't always have to be a bad thing." He replied, watching your every movement with his golden eyes, as he always did. "It only ever ends with bad things." He paused as if he was digesting your words, "we're a change. Do you think we'll end with bad things?" You swallowed and cast your eyes downwards.

Bokuto had adapted to the days when you could only see the pessimistic outlook of life, and so with the assistance of Keiji and an extremely unwilling Semi he had learnt how to challenge your statements. "No, I don't think so. I don't want to." You finally said and he nodded, reaching a hand across the table to bridge the distance.

You took it clasping your cold hand in his large warm one, the light squeeze he gave it made your heart skip a beat. "I promise you y/n, I promise you I will show you just how wonderful change can be."

You smiled weakly, you often found yourself debating if you deserved Bokuto. Truly he was wonderful, you were beyond in love with him, but the horrible nagging voice in your head that destroyed your self-worth. It made you question if you were worthy enough for him.

"Y/n, love, I've got you through thick and thin." He squeezed your hand tighter, and your teary eyes met his, "I'm sorry Bo." He smiled softly, "oh my love you have no reason to be sorry."

You nodded, turning your face away from his as you blinked away tears. "I just feel like you deserve more." You said through a rushed breath, and he sighed, dropping your hand, and moving to your side of the booth. He brought you into a hug kissing your hair, "y/n there is nothing better for me. It's you, you are the best, there could never be anything better than you. You're perfect." You buried your head in his chest, "I don't think I believe that." You whispered only loud enough for him.

"Then let me show you." He brought your lips to his kissing you gently, his hand around the back of your neck as he deepened the kiss. "Tonight, my sweet demise. Let me show you how perfect you truly are."
You smiled softly into the kiss which he delighted in. "What does that entail dear?"

"Get your mind out of the gutter y/n!" You chuckled lightly as his lips pressed against your nose, you traced your hand along his jawline feeling the subtle hint of stubble, revelling in the way it tickled your skin. "We'll face everything together." He said resting his forehead against yours.

For the first time in days, you felt like you could truly breathe. The air that filled your lungs was whole and sweet, it didn't make you feel like you would choke, rather it lifted you from the despair that had begun to tie you down.

"I hate having these emotions sometimes." He chuckled a deep one that rattled your frame, "since I knew you as a boy, you've hated emotions." The corners of your mouth tilted up at his statement, "emotions are stupid." He nodded, capturing your lips in his again the warm feel of them melting your worries for the seconds that they pressed against yours.

Bokuto drew back and watched you, his eyes analysing everything. He noticed the way you seemed weighed down by the world the way you seemed to have to fight for each breath. His heart softened as he laid his head on your shoulder, "my love why do you let these worries control you?"

You were shocked by his question, partly because you were unsure of how to respond. "Because I have no control over them." He nodded at your answer, kissing your neck lightly.

"I think emotions can be scary sometimes." You nodded at his words, "bloody terrifying if you asked me." He laughed softly at your words, "terrifying." He echoed nuzzling your neck.