𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖮𝖭𝖤

"This is gonna be hell," I whispered to myself as I sat in the waiting room at the hospital. "It'll be fine (n/n). I'm gonna be here waiting for you," Dean told me as he sat besides me.

It had been two months since I signed up for the surgery on my shoulder. School was still going on but it was also almost over. I wasn't ready to leave the team again.

I sighed and leaned my head on Dean's shoulder while he played with my hands.

After about an hour of waiting my name was called up. I stood up from my seat and gave my brother a reassuring hug before walking off with the doctor. I was given a hospital gown and was put into room so I could change.

I changed into the hospital gown then went out of the room, and into the room where they were taking my surgery. My heart was beating so fast and my lips were tight against each other.

"Take a seat here, honey." The lady told me and I obeyed her.

She began to explain what was going to happen for the surgery and made sure that I was calm before it, laying me back.

I gulped, biting my tongue once a while until a few more doctors walked in the room, set up the room, and slowly injected a needle in my arm.

My eyes started becoming heavy as my vision around me blurred. My eyelids close over my eyes gently and my vision goes black.

   "Come on, Y/n! Show me those push ups!" Dean shouted at me as he helped me with my push ups. "I have a shoulder that is healing! I'm only using my left arm!" I whined and pushed myself back up, Dean helping me.

Me and Dean were back at Chicago— at the gym. The surgery for my shoulder went well and when I woke up it was stitched up. It hurt to move it, but all the doctors told me to do was exercise as much as possible.

Dean was above me, gripping my waist, and helping me out with the push ups I was doing. My right arm was behind my back and my left arm was doing all the work.

"This sucks!" I groaned and threw my body down to the floor. "Y/n you need to exercise! That's the only way your shoulder will get better."

"Can we just lift weights now?" I asked him as he helped me up from the mat. Dean nodded and walked over to the weights. "Come on— now!"

I rolled my eyes and stalked over to the weights. Dean gave me a look, shoving a weight in my left hand. "Dean!" "Y/n!"

I pouted before bringing the weight close to me then lowering it back down to my side.

"Stop looking lazy, (n/n)." I heard Dean say sternly. "And don't even think about mocking me!" I mentally scoffed.

Rude.

I continued to lift some weights and some music started to play in the gym. Dean was working on some sit-ups while I moved onto some heavier weights. It was nice just for it to be the two of us in the room.

It was also nice to try and get my shoulder working again. I would die if I was told I wouldn't be able to play with The Ducks anymore.

"I wouldn't lift that one up if I were you—" Dean mentioned as I went to reach for a weight. "Why?" I asked him, turning my head to look at him. "Just don't," Dean said.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I back away from the weight then walk over to my brother, laying down next to him. Dean gets on his knees and holds my knees down as I place my hands on the back of my head for the sit-ups.

"I hate these," I commented and lifted my body up with as much strength as I could. "Oh you're such a baby!" Dean said while rolling his eyes.

"I am not, I'm just saying that sit-ups are bitches," I replied, lowing myself down on my back. "Well first: you hate working out in general," Dean told me with a shrug.