Chapter 24

Y/N's POV

We were walking on a bridge towards a car that was far away. I was wearing a short F/C dress with an expensive fur coat.

Bucky was angry. He was mad at Zemo, but he was also mad at me for following the plan.

I was playing the part of the young innocent, new wife who didn't know what she got herself into.

"We have to do something about this, I'm the only one who looks like a pimp" Sam said, complaining about his outfit.

"Look at Y/N she's barely wearing anything" Bucky said with a frustrated tone.

"Hey, you're the one who said you wanted me to wear shorter shorts" I said, in my defence.

"I said 'around the house'. There's a difference" Bucky said.

"You look exactly like the man you're playing. Conrad Mack. AKA, The Smiling Tiger" Zemo told Sam.

"He even has a bad nickname" Sam said.

"The second we step into that car, we have to stay in character. Our lives depend on it. There's no margin for error" Zemo said.

Bucky still refused to look at me.

"Bucky are you mad ?" I asked.

"Of course I am"

"Do you really think I would leave you for Zemo ? This is all an act you know it. We'll be done in less than an hour"

Bucky gave me a small smile.

"You're right"

I was about to kiss Bucky's cheek, but Zemo grabbed my wrist to stop me.

"The car is right there. The driver might be watching. Remember, you're supposed to be my wife" Zemo said.

We opened the car door and got inside.

After a ten minute car ride, we made it to a bar. Inside, skulls were glued to the walls and expensive fish tanks were everywhere.

Zemo put an arm around my waist. Bucky gave him a look before looking away. Zemo talked to Bucky in Russian giving him some information, as if we were on a real mission.

We walked towards the bartender who turned around to face us.

"Gentlemen, lady. Wasn't excepting you, Smiling Tiger" The bartender said looking at Sam.

"Who's this ?" The bartender asked, pointing at me.

"My wife" Zemo said, holding me tightly.

"Didn't know you liked women younger than you" The bartender said, which was very ironic as I was almost over three times Zemo's age.

"We have business to do with Selby" Zemo explained.

The bartender waited a little bit before answering, and instead decided to looked at Sam.

"The usual ?" He asked him.

Sam nodded.

The bartender took a snake out of a jar and placed it on the table. He started cutting it and grabbing some of it's organs. As disgusting as it was, I couldn't look away. It was fascinating. Did someone really enjoy this ?

The bartender put some of the snake's insides in a shot glass. He filled the glass with alcohol and handed it to Sam. He also gave Zemo a glass.

"I love these" Sam said as he picked up the glass.

"Cheers, Conrad" Zemo said as he drank his glass waiting for Sam, who hesitated, but drank it in the end.

The Bartender left. I assumed he went to inform Selby of our arrival.