Chapter 6

2014

Y/N's POV

We had been given a new mission. We had to eliminate a man named Nick Fury, the director of an organization Hydra had slowly been infiltrating. Since the police Hydra sent after the man were incompetent, they were not able to capture him and decided to send us. We got to the location of his car and we waited for the perfect moment.

As soon as we saw him, we placed a bomb under his car. Making it flip and explode. We walked towards the car in which the target would be in, but the only thing we found was a hole that led to the sewers.

This was the first time a target had escaped from us.

~

Italic = Russian

"The boss told me we have to find him and dispose of him" Said the soldier. He had just gotten off the phone with our leader.

Even if we were in America, Hydra did not want us to speak english about our plans. According to them, only a few of Shield's agents could speak Russian.

We found Fury's location, he was in an apartment. We were inside of the building adjacent to the apartment complex. We waited a few minutes and then shot the appartement's walls, effectively killing Fury in the process.

Not long after, a man with a shield broke one of the windows and jumped in the building we were in.

"We have to go, one of them is trying to pursue us" I said.

We ran as fast as we could to the roof. But the man with the shield was fast and catching up to us.

We jumped on the roof of another building. The soldier ran as I hid in the shadows.

Steve's POV

I jumped out of another window and made it to the roof. That's when I realized it.

There was only one person in front of me. As soon as the thought crossed my mind, a woman jumped on my shoulders and tried strangling me with a metal wire.

I couldn't get out of her grip. I threw my shield at her partner who caught it with ease.

That's when I got a good look at him. He was wearing a mask. He had long brown hair, and he was wearing some sort of make up over his eyes. But most importantly, he had a metal arm.

He said something in Russian that I couldn't understand. As soon as he did, the woman quickly got off my shoulders as he threw me back my shield, making me unable to follow them.

They had jumped off the building, and I had lost them.

~

Before he died, Fury gave me a USB and he told me not to trust anyone. I was called in for a meeting with Pierce, the director of Shield, and I had to leave the USB behind. I hid it in a vending machine but when I came back it was gone.

Behind me, Natasha was chewing gum. She had the USB. I brought her in another room so that she could give it to me.

"Where is it ?" I asked.

"Safe. Where did you get it ?"

"Why would I tell you ?"

"Fury gave it to you. Why ?"

"What's on it ?"

"I don't know"