A dark laughter escaped her chest as she threw her head back. Sersi watched with wide eyes. "Her Purpose. Their purpose. To round humans like cattle just so your precious Tiamut can be born. 7 billion lives in exchange for some useless Celestial!" she fumed. "You offer nothing to the universe, you kill and you take.That's all you do!"

"You know nothing."

"I know everything! Unlike them I have been awake for eons, I know what you do, I know what you are! You hide under the guise of helping the universe but you are nothing but perverse mad scientists that can't face what you had a hand in making! Cowards."

Sersi and Oda were suddenly returned back to their reality. Anger and contempt brewed in Oda's eyes as she angrily stood up and walked away from the corpse of her dear friend. Sersi followed close behind her, brushing past a confused Ikaris as he emerged from the cabin. "What was that?!" Oda ignored her and walked up the short stared into Ajak's cabin and went straight to her alcohol cabinet. One of the few alcoholic liquids that actually had an effect. She unscrewed the bottle and downed a sizable amount of the harsh liquid. "What was that Oda?!"

"Oh shut up Sersi! Fucking shut up!" Oda slammed the bottle down and directed her seething glare at Sersi who was startled at the pure contempt that was brewing like a category 5 storm in her eyes. "What's going on?" Sprite asked in her annoyingly shrill of a voice. As if Arishem could've made her any more annoying.

"Nothing." Oda said as she took another swig and closed the cap and pushed the bottle away. "You're gonna need to find the others soon. The quicker we get this done the better."

"You knew about the emergence didn't you?" Sersi asked incredulously as she moved closer to the Goddess.

"And if it did?" Oda gave her a sarcastic look, daring the girl. "What? You were starting to act a bit bold right there weren't you. And don't go looking to blame me, Ajak's know for 7,000 years and tells you 5 fucking days before it happens. So don't even fucking try it!"

"We can't keep fighting." Sprite interjected coming between the two women. "We need to bury Ajak and we need to find them."

"But we haven't seen each other in centuries." said Sersi.

"Too bad." Oda said. "Who's the closest?"

"Kingo? I think?" Sprite answered.

"Then we're going to him first."

The halls were dark and foreboding. The books were piled tall and clustered with centuries of dust. Thin streams of light snuck their way in through the little crack of the ceiling that were peeling off and fluttering to the floor. "Keeper!" she called out with authority, the echo carrying her voice to every crevice of the decrepit and unkept hall. "Keeper! I know you're in here?!"

"You gods and your demands. You dare come into my house with such disregard."

"I need it." Oda said, ignoring the moans of the keeper as he emerged from the shadows in the form of an unassuming man hunched over and using a cane. It was a trick, she knew, but said nothing. "Need what child, there are many things here. Be specific or begone."

"Orenmir, I need it."

"What do you want with it child?" The keeper narrowed its eyes on her.

"It's my damn sword. The Emergenc-."

"And you wish to stop it." The Keeper finished for her, his brow arching as if to wordlessly confirm his speculation. She nodded her head. "Come this way." he ordered and turned back the way he had first entered. She followed behind but made sure to keep distance between the two, the last memory of their interaction fresh in her mind. "If he were to find out of that weapon of yours you'll start wars all over the universe."

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐰 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐝𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐠.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara