Chapter-34

ᴛʜɪꜱ ꜰᴇᴇʟꜱ ʟɪᴋᴇ ꜰᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ
........

"If I had a missing eyebrow, would you still like me?" I ask Chase as he read something on his laptop.

"Don't you have those fake ones at home?" He asks, confusion clear in his features.

"Those are called eyelashes dumbass." I tell him, pointing at my eyelashes.

"Oh, then no." He says as he realises what I really asked.

"Rude."

I took some time to cool down before coming upstairs to the office. It just took a big smoothie and walking up some stairs, I took the elevator after two floors though but I was cooled down till then.

"Do you know that I brought you a smoothie but it was really nice so I drank yours too along with mine, now I want to pee. I'll be right back." I tell him before running to the washroom installed in his office. I'll forever be jealous that I don't have one in mine.

Breathing in relief, I looked into the mirror while washing my hands. What the fuck? I looked like this the whole day? I brush the loose strands back and wash my face before going out.

"You could've told me my mascara was ruined." I say to him. He shrugs in response and stands up.

"You know the gorgeous girl I was telling you about?" I ask him as he walks to me.

"Yeah?"

"She isn't gorgeous anymore. She made fun of Caleb during lunch because he's gay." I tell him.

"Did he report her to the HR?" He asks, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"No he didn't but he told her a lesson though. And anyways, shade never made anybody less gay." I say, quoting my queen.

I took in his face as he was closer now. He's so beautiful, I'll never stop saying that. I raised my hand to touch his hair. His eyes look beautiful even in the dark.

"Can we dance?" I ask.

"I don't know how to." He says.

"I'm not an expert either, follow my lead." I tell him before pulling out my phone and playing the playlist I made for my fake scenarios.

The first song that played was Kiss me.

He lied, he knew how to dance. If I could stop the time, this will be the moment I'll choose. I've never felt this way before.

I rested my head on his shoulder. "I never want to stop." I whisper, looking up at him. He pushes me away gently to give me a twirl.

We swayed back and forth to the music when he started making circles with his fingers on my lower back.

Settle down with me
And I'll be your safety
You'll be my lady

He removed one hand from my back and took my hand that was around his neck and intertwined our fingers and continued to sway. He buried his face in the crook of my neck, I felt his lips on my neck.

My heart's against your chest
Your lips pressed to my neck

He pulled back a little and looked right into my eyes. Am I in heaven now? God?

I always wondered how people said they can read eyes, I used to think it was stupid till now. There were so many emotions I could in his eyes yet I couldn't pinpoint one. Is it admiration? Or is it nervousness? Care? Affection? I couldn't understand.

This feels like falling in love
Falling in love

It really does.

Kiss me like you wanna be loved
You wanna be loved

He closed his eyes, closing the little distance between us. My eyes shut themselves on their own as soon as his lips met mine.

Every time he kisses me, it gets better. I feel like I'll melt in his embrace, his touch makes me feel things that I can't even name.

This wasn't like the kiss we'd shared before. The touch of his lips was so light that I felt like I was imagining this. If I wake up from this dream, I'll sue god, I swear.

He rests his forehead against mine after the kiss, not opening his eyes. How is he so calm right now? My heart's been beating like crazy and I feel like I'll stop breathing anytime in the next few seconds.

I wasn't expecting this when I asked him to dance with me. I thought he'll step on my toes or we'll end up on the floor in the middle of the dance. I didn't know this song will play when I pressed the shuffle option. And I most certainly didn't expect the kiss. He kissed me like I'm the most delicate thing in this world.

I sometimes feel myself questioning if I deserve him or not. Sure he has some flaws, he wasn't the perfect person in the past two years but the way he treats me now, I don't know if I do half of what he does for me.

I don't think I love him yet but what I feel for him is definitely stronger than liking or a crush.

••••••••