22

[A/N: Just trust me.]

trigger warning: mention of blood, violence, strong language and death⚠

HEESEUNG's POV

This place hasn't changed from the last time I saw it, which was 18 years ago. I think it's a good thing tho. I can still perfectly picture how torturous our last years of staying here with my family. That greedy alpha killed my mother and made those not favorable with him live a living hell.

I still thank the Moon Goddess that she kept her word, though there was nothing for her to owe us since we were the ones at fault. I don't understand why beg for her son's life when she's a Moon Goddess and all. Not that I'm questioning her power but can't she just make Ni-ki alive again? Or she can but they are forbided to? Whatever it is, a promise is a promise. And we're keeping that promise until now. We're protecting the rightful heir and his mate for as long as we live.

We're now in position. Alpha Junkyu is ahead of us, heading to the east edge with his pack. Whatever happens, we need to drag those patrols away from the north and west to let the others pass through. We decided to split into three. Me and Kai will position in the north, Yeonjun and Soobin at the west and Alpha Junkyu will be on the east. Then we'll all corner them to the south. The dragons are just right above us on the look out.

[We will attack on cue so they'll be confused then do all you can to drag them away from point a to point c. We'll corner them at the south and finish them there, understand?] I linked them even though some are just beside me because if we talk, those guards might hear us and I'm not risking it.

[Yes, Heeseung.] They responded in unison.

[On three. One.] I started.

[Two.] Soobin continued.

[Three!] Yeonjun said while we look at each other.

[Now!] Alpha Junkyu stated in the pack link so everyone can hear.

I ran closer to the edge and got the attention of few patrols. On this distance, they can already smell our scent, which was our original scents by the way. The rogue scent went away when Alpha Sunoo welcomed us in Red Salvia Pack.

I got two running after me. I stepped on a tree bark and shifted, not minding my clothes getting ripped. They shifted too and started attacking me. If I fight on full now, I might lose strength easily so as I scratch them with my claw, I ran to the woods all the way to the south. This is my defense. If they'd become tired before we fight them, it'll be easier for us. I ran in circles and these stupids just ran after me and didn't thought of they might get tired.

On cue, I signaled Yeonjun's wolf, Dan, to go to position. We ran side by side as we go to the south. We're currently at the east and when we reached the central post, more pack warriors came running after us. We met Kai and Soobin from the west and finally got in the right position to fight.

[Sunghoon, NOW!] I linked him as a cue that it's safe to go now.

We stayed and fought in our wolf forms. One came hovering me from my back and nudged my head on the ground. With all might, I flipped over and came biting its neck. Blood drips as my canines sink onto the gamma and it tastes awful. When it isn't moving, I lunge to help Soobin, or more like his wolf Yoonji, when I saw a warrior sneaking to attack on his back. I jumped it over as its scroff hits a tree. I drove my claws to his chest ripping it open. Yoonji eyed at me gesturing thanks.

We managed to finish the half of the enemy's population but I know there's more to come. This will be a long day.

MASHIHO's POV