Laivy

Ruinseaer – individuals who become infected by dark shadows if they are touched or hurt by them. They turn into melted black shadow creatures, which spread dark particles.

Ruinseaer antidote- a dark poison antidote made from shadow and Diruinous particles.

Fithen land – where dark monsters and Diruinous have taken over.

Money is called – narques.

Cotter – a lion, sized water cat (Laivy can become bigger).

Pirrell – a fairy house.

Gorial - a slimy beetle-like toad.

Gavuren – an old fairy way of saying goodbye to a monarch.

Seenavike – a form of beating someone up with their words rudely.

To help with word meanings.

Scintillation's journal (age 6)

Hello, journal. Mamma told me this is healthy to use, so I am a calm girl. I don't know what that means, but Mamma knows best.

Today Seeri and Nama played pranks on me. They flew into the trees with the ball, they threw rocks at me, and Nama threw Gorial dung on me. Mamma was angry at me. She said I should've stood up for myself or walked away. I didn't like what mama said, but she was right.

Also, today, Mamma let us keep a cat. It was weird, some had knocked on a door, but no one was there. A silverish gold cotter was sitting on at the front of the pirrell. Mamma was weird. She gasped when she saw it and let it in—announcing that it was going to live with us. They cuddle me a lot and is sleeping next to me now. Mama said its name was Laivy.

Goodnight, Journal.

11 years later

"Ma, please, I don't want to". Scintillation pleaded.

"Come on, Tilla, it's a few herbs I ordered. The elders have organised everything for you; please pick it up? I have someone to heal in an hour. I need to prepare". Her mother answered softly.

Tilla sighed, getting ready and putting her boots on. "You know they hate me, Mama". She muttered, walking out of her pirrell. It was a way to fly to town, as her mother had made their pirrell further out than the other fairies. Tilla's pirrell was on the ground. Unlike the other fairies whose was high in the sky. Their town was up there too.

Fortunately for her, Laivy could fly. Why could a cotter fly? Tilla had no idea. Cotters were lion sized water cats; they had webs between their paws and sleek, long fur for swimming. However, Laivy was not like any cotter anyone in this village had seen. They feared this creature. A silvery gold cotter was either a godly creature or considered a curse.

"Laivy, sorry, but can you fly me up to town". Tilla asked, petting Laivy's head. The Cotter nodded and extended his wings. Tilla sat lightly on Laivy's back, curling her fingers into his fur for stability. Laivy took off, circling high into the Sarron trees. Passing pirrell's of different fairies Tilla examined their lives as Laivy landed on the town deck in front of the herb tavern.

Fairies passed by, quickly glancing at Tilla and Laivy and giving them a wide berth of space. "They must be looking at my eyes". Tilla thought. Laivy nudged Tillas hand and started walking towards the shop. Tilla followed close behind, keeping her head down until she entered the shop.

Bobbling back and forth, Scripte came towards Laivy. "Tilla! Hello dear, how can I help you today"? Scripte asked. She was probably the loveliest fairy in the town, and she was never afraid of Tilla's eyes.