Chapter 4: Home Sweet Home

Start from the beginning

Even the fiery fields of the Dragon's Valley were no match against the oven's flames.

"It felt like, we were just chasing a cake hound that stole the crown a week ago, then we got carried away and went on a whole new adventure! And now..?" He looked back at his friends, a genuine smile across his face.

"We're heading back to a big, wonderful kingdom..! Filled with Cookies of different kind! A beautiful kingdom, that started off with nothing but ruins and rubble, and is now a home for everyone!" His friends looked at him, different expressions, but thesame thought. He's right.

"Wow, I.. actually didn't think about that.." Strawberry agreed.

"We were all just caught up with the future." Wizard looked down, yet under that scarf held a small smile.

"Your king is grateful to have met such loyal, fateful servants!" Custard stood up, throwing his hands up in the air in a gleeful manner.

"Okay, c'mere kid!" Chili Pepper let go of the loot she was admiring and bolted towards the small king, ruffling his custard hair while preventing him from escaping. Both laughed along the whole fuss.

Custard didn't mind if he was to be trapped under Chili's arms and get his perfect hair ruffled by her fist. He payed no mind at all when he's around friends.

A cookie once told him that a king should always hold his head up high and be strong for his people.

Another said that a king should be ready and make difficult decisions for the safety of his kingdom.

His father said that a good king must care for his subjects, in this way will the world know that this king was a kind cookie.

But Pure Vanilla, the wisest cookie he's ever met, simply stated;

"All of those things are correct, but the greatest thing a king could ever do is to keep the ones you hold dear closest to your heart.

You are still but a young cookie Custard, yet so noble. You still have a long journey ahead of you before you become king.

For now, enjoy the company of your friends while it lasts. Cherish them with all your heart, and live your life to the fullest."

And so he did, and he'd do it while he still can. Weirdly enough, the young prince could feel those words were spoken out if experience.

It's not like Chili was getting attached to the kids right?

She just enjoyed being around them! No big reason!

In fact, she's the only one capable of preventing them from getting killed.

Yeah, that's it.

Or so she thought.

⟨★♪•♪★⟩

A couple minutes had passed and the the Cookie Kingdom and the Balloon Dock were now in their viewing range, the gang had started gathering their items before they land.

"They're here! They're here!" A young cookie in a little flying squirrel outfit made of delicious pancakes could be seen jumping up and down from the Balloon Dock, accompanied by another cookie carrying a giant hammer. Both having thesame whipped cream on their heads and thesame love for mischief.

As soon as the balloon had landed safely, and was secured by the blueberry birds, Custard was immediate at leaping off of the basket and into a welcoming hug by the other younger cookie who has been waiting for him.

"Hi Pancake!" Custard squeezed his best friend, returning the hug. "Did you miss your king?"

"Oh yes I did! I missed you more than anything!" Pancake Cookie let go of the young prince to flash a bright smile. "It's been really lonely without you! I couldn't have fun!"