Sudo's Trial - Time To Get A Chain-Lock

Começar do início

"It's funny how you felt the need to check," Amikura said with a giggle, "But how did he get in then?"

"This is the room where our group meets, isn't it? Ike and the rest of us made duplicate keys. Didn't you know that? Everyone else in the group has a key, too."

"Wait, that's really weird!" Kobashi frowned.

"I mean, I get it if the room's owner is fine with it but Ayanokoji-kun seems to have had no idea," Mori said.

"Eh? But we used to meet there so it just made sense?" Ike argued.

"Ike-kun, you can't just decide to make a key for someone else's room. It's an invasion of privacy," Yosuke lectured him.

"In most cases, it's also illegal," Horikita added but didn't seem that interested in the topic.

"Huh? It is?" Ike cried.

I wasn't particularly surprised by Ike's ignorance but I felt that should have been common sense.

He spun the keycard around in his hand.

"I learned this extremely important fact just now," I grumbled. It seemed my room was no longer safe. People could invade whenever they pleased.

"I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable knowing someone could walk into my room whenever they wanted," Sato shivered slightly as she said that.

"Ayanokoji-senpai clearly wasn't happy about it. You should have asked his permission first," Nanase was oddly blunt about her reprimand.

"Yeah, yeah..." Ike moaned.

"Anyway, forget about that right now. I'm in serious trouble! You have to help me!" he cried.

"No, I can't forget about it. Hand over the key."

"Huh? Why? I bought this with my own points. It's mine."

Beside me, I saw Keisei put his head in his hands. Apparently, he also saw how irrational that perspective was.

What an illogical argument. Even if you're ignorant of committing a crime, it's still a crime. Friendship doesn't mean automatically allowing people to do whatever they want.

"So it really is a crime?" Ike looked shocked.

"Did you somehow misunderstand me the first time?" Horikita asked.

"Um, no, I..."

"Think it'd be best you shut up, Kanji," Sudo suggested, recognising their wrongdoing.

Under pressure from every direction, Ike gave up on trying to excuse his actions and fell silent.

"If you need advice or you're worried about something, why not ask Ike or Yamauchi?"

"I can't ask them. They're stupid."

"Quite ironically, I believe that's the first mildly intelligent thing I've heard you say," Sakayanagi chided.

"I've kept quiet until now but I want to ask you to stop antagonizing my classmates, Sakayanagi-san," Yosuke pleaded.

"Oh, is it bothering them? Or perhaps you are concerned about yourself?"

"It's not that. I just don't think it's necessary to keep belittling them,"

"What's necessary and what isn't is up to interpretation, is it not?"

"That might be but all the same, can you just stop, please?"

Sakayanagi didn't bother to issue a retort. Instead, she just gave Yosuke a slight smile that neglected to answer whether she intended to accept his request or not. With nothing else to say, Yosuke didn't push the subject any further.