'I had fun.' Haru fiddled with her fingers as she stood at her doorstep, silently cursing herself for acting like a shy high school girl. 'Thanks for cheering me up, Jimin,' she added, turning around. 

As she opened the door to her apartment building, Jimin grabbed her hand gently, stopping her from entering.

'Um, I had fun too. So, um, yeah... ' Jimin stammered, 'Hahaha, I'm ridiculous.' he wiped a hand down his face, trying to regain his composure. 'We should do this again.'

Haru grinned from ear to ear, 'Indeed. We should.'

'Or maybe I should just properly ask you on a date sometime?' 

'I-I...' Haru turned redder than a tomato.

However, Jimin wasn't helping at all, especially when he decided to grab her chin between his index finger and thumb, pulling her face closer to his. He stared at her, silently asking for consent as if he were too shy to verbalise this courtesy of his. Just like Jimin, Haru was embarrassed, so she gave Jimin a simple reply: she closed her eyes. 

Without any further ado, Jimin cut the little space that was left between their lips. Haru's back, in a mild thud, met the wooden door behind her. And as the two got ballsier, Jimin cupped her face and Haru gripped onto his coat. Once the two pulled away, they were breathing heavily. 

'I'll leave now,' whispered Jimin, throwing her a last smile before disappearing into the darkness. 

Haru kept on panting. She waited for a minute as if to make sure that Jimin was far away enough since she could not see him through the blackness of the night before moving away from the door and squatting down.

She felt overwhelmed, but that wasn't the problem. What frustrated her was the fact that she didn't know why. No matter how much she disliked Mrs Hwang, she had always followed her advice: 'Feel what you need to feel, but find out the reason, and from there, you learn to control your emotions.'

And right now, she was unable to find it in herself to understand her mind, to understand herself. Those crybaby tears made a comeback. All the pent up rage, frustration, and confusion burst out like an exploding volcano.

And Haru almost literally forgot she was squatting on the sidewalk right in front of her apartment building. Her nose, cheeks and eyes became redder, and she buried her face into her hands, rocking on the balls of her feet.

'Wipe away those crocodile tears,' said a familiar low and husky voice.

Haru instantly looked up, only to be greeted by her best friend's frowning figure. She stood up and stared at him for a few seconds. Then, instinctively, she threw a sudden punch into his nose, leaving her hand hanging straight in the air as Yoongi stumbled off the sidewalk. 

He rubbed his nose. After recovering, Yoongi said nothing, waiting for Haru to start talking first. 

'What the fuck, Min Yoongi? You didn't reply to my texts and you didn't show up yesterday! Do you even care about me?' she yelled, and she was livid. More than she would have liked to be.

Yoongi felt a pang of guilt in his chest, making him realise that Haru must've been on tenterhooks because of him. He was just spending a day with his girlfriend, dedicating his time to her, so he regretted nothing.

'Sorry, Haru,' he said awkwardly, 'I was with Haneul. I think I've been a bit too distant from her, plus, my phone died. I am really sorry.'

Yoongi's phone had run out of battery yesterday, and yes, he could have charged it, or simply use Haneul's phone, but he didn't want to. Now, however, he felt like a miscreant from seeing the disappointment painted oh-so-clearly over Haru's red face.