After talking for a while, I cut the call. My phone rang again.

"Yeah?"

"Enzo!!"

I frowned as I heard Aubrey's voice.

"Can I come over?"

"No."

It was silence.

"Maybe we could do it if you're-"

"I am sorry but I did tell you that I don't want to hook up with you, right?"

"Y-yes but-"

"Please Aubrey, I don't feel right doing it. Moreover, I did say at the start that I have no feelings for you and you agreed. I guess there's no problem then."

Will this shut her up ?

"Yes I know.."

"Maybe you could stop calling me for hooking up?"

"Alright.. I'll stop. Can I atleast hang out with you?"

She asked politely. What's with the sudden politeness? I paused. What should I do? Maybe she can try to be a good person?

"Alright. But not today."

"Okay~~ thanks Enzo!"

She said happily. If she did that a bit earlier,things would be much better than now. Well,

should I go to Elle's place today?

The weather is good, I don't have work, I'm sure she is free too.

Guess what ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

With that I decided I would go and give her a surprise visit.

I was about to ring the doorbell when door opened and walked out Mia. I went stiff.

To be honest, I don't want anyone to know me and Elle are childhood friends. Because I think things might get weird.

"Hey Elle.."

I said. Mia excused herself and walked away. Elle quickly let me step in her house.

Her apartment is not that big but it looks good.

I was eating the cake Elle made and let me tell you, it was burnt! It was definitely not best cakes I have ever ate.

But atleast she tried. She watched me in anticipation as I tasted the cake. I have her an honest opinion on the cake with a straight face.

I expected her to get mad at me for calling her cake 'burnt' but she took the criticism well and tasted the cake herself.

Guess what? She too didn't like her own cake.

For some reason I found everything she did 'cute'.

Then we started walking in a nearby park.

As we were walking a ball came out of nowhere hitting Elle on her forehead.

I frowned. Why the fuck are kids so careless these days?

The teenager came running towards us and kept on apologizing to Elle.

Elle asked him to go away but instead he was standing there and checking her out while she was busy rubbing her nose.

It immediately angered me. I made my presence known and shoo-ed away the guy.

"She said you can leave."

I spoke as if he was the person I hated the most.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah I am.."

I am glad she wasn't too hurt. Then we continued walking in the park.

"All your girlfriends find a way to argue with you.."

She mumbled. She is right though. I really am unlucky but at the same time I am lucky because I have such a good friend like Elle.

She really cares for me. But I know she is trying to make it less obvious, which is really cute. The thought made me smile.

"Then.. why don't you help me change my fate? Why don't you help me get lucky? Be my lucky charm."

I spoke with a hint of tease in my voice. She immediately blushed. As she kept on nagging me about how 'bad' my 'pick up' line was, I was busy looking at her angered-blushed face.

Dammit! I want to squish her cheeks! But I know she doesn't like when someone ruffles her hairs or squeezes her cheeks so I'll just control my urge.

What if..

What if she develops feelings for me? What if I fall hard for her?

I doubt that will ever happened.

She doesn't seem the type to fall for a guy like me but I am definitely the type to fall for her.