Pegasus Au (SPN)

Okay so there's this really good series by Kate O'Hearn, the Pegasus series. The basic premise is you have this girl named Emily who lives in New York, and one day during an intense storm the actual Pegasus lands on her roof. It escalates from there, and this concept may contain spoilers, so please be aware as I continue my dumb idea ramblings.

I was re-reading the first book recently and thought "I could make a Supernatural au out of this," so here we are.

Does this au contradict some things established within the Pegasus series and the SPN cannon? Probably. But it's an AU so I do not care.

The idea I'm having is that the Winchester bros and Castiel are all confused and stuff when massive storms start springing up around the United States, but there are no signs of demon activity. Then Pegasus lands in front of the bunker and it spirals from there. Cas has some angel mojo left and deduces from talking to Pegasus that they need to find the flame, the person who can save Olympus from the Nirads, a race of four armed monsters who seek to destroy both Olympus and Earth. Sam and Dean are skeptical about assisting Pegasus in his quest, but Cas assures them it will be worth the effort, especially when Diana shows up and starts ranting about how this whole thing is really important.

To anyone who has read the Pegasus series, I would like to point out that the CRU probably won't show up in this AU. Maybe the Men of Letters will fill their rolls. I honestly don't know.

Anyway shenanigans happen and the crew is racing around the country trying to escape the Nirads, who are currently trying to kill them. They also have no discernable weakness other than Pegasus's golden hooves. So, the goal is now to try and find the missing bridle of Pegasus, which is somewhere on Earth, and use it to forge weapons.

Sam's leg gets injured pretty badly. Like, can't even walk badly.

Eventually the group has to escape to Olympus, flying with Pegasus through the Solar Stream to get there.

Yeah then it turns out Sam is the Flame of Olympus.

So they all live.

Destiel happens (because why wouldn't it?)

And now Sam has flame powers.

Was this AU an excuse to give Sam the ability to shoot fire from his hands?

Probably.

If you're interested in me continuing my ideas for this AU into the events of later books please comment!