Chapter 2 : Discovery of a nightmare

10th of January of 1924

The hours passed by with ease , Petunia had returned with the menus and then took their orders , now they were talking happily between each other.

-" So , you w-work here ?". Asked Flaky while taking small sips to her glass of water.

-" Yeah , I work here as a waitress with Petunia , today is my day off from work". Responded the rosy girl , drinking some of her Espresso and taking a bite from her French toast.

The porcupine was slowly learning more about these new friends of hers ; for example : She learned that Toothy has a tortoise as a pet , that Giggles doesn't know how to drive and that Cuddles likes the color pink.

-" What's wrong with that ?!?!? ". Yelled the sunny rabbit , upset that the group was laughing at this secret of his.

However , they had a very pleasant time in that Diner , Flaky found herself opening up and leaving her worries behind , when was the last time she felt this good ?.

Suddenly , Petunia appeared and between her hands was a small piece of pumpkin pie in a plate , which she gifted to the crimson porcupine.

-" Ummm , thank you , but I didn't order it ". The girl said , confused.

-" Don't worry about it boy , it's on the house". The blue skunk said with a wink of her eye ; Flaky had tried to ignore it before , but it was obvious by now that they thought that the porcupine was a boy . However , she didn't say anything and simply ate the orange colored pie.

-" Yey ! , free food !!". Said Cuddles excitedly.

-" Just for Flaky , not for you ". Corrected him Giggles.

Some chuckles were followed after this exchange , it was very clear that when the rabbit was near them it was going to be an entertaining evening for everyone without doubt.

When they paid for their food and left the Diner , the group had decided to introduce Flaky to one of Toothy's dear friends , but..........

The porcupine wasn't fully sure of what happened , without notice a loud crash was heard above of them and when the group looked up the sight of broken glass pieces was the last image to greet their eyes. Flaky felt how her eyes were teared by the glass like if it was a knife slicing soft and tender fruit , the pain dominated her senses without any compassion nor hesitation and warm dripping blood began pouring from her eye sockets like waterfalls of red liquid.

When she started screaming she wasn't the only one , the voices of her friends were also crying out of pain , the girl turned around and felt how her long quills clashed against something gooey but she was too focused and confused to care at that point , she began running in a random direction in her state of panic ; then the impact of a crashing vehicle net her body.

She stood there , laying on the street while bleeding out , with each breath taken weakening more and more her torn body , she didn't want to die , she just had started to live a life of her own after many years !!!. 

But she received no help in time , for she perished after her consciousness had blacken out.