The time afterwards, it was Yuno who suggested it. When they were reading in the library while he was cradling Charmy. Charmy was just happy to be by her mother.

"I'm not sure if you're a knight or a househusband." Yuno broke the silence.

"Everyone has been saying that recently. Is there any negative connotations behind it?"

"No, it just means you'd be an ideal person to marry." Yuno said.

"But I'm scared of marriage." (M/N) admitted.

"Why?" Yuno questioned.

"Because... I want to make sure my partner is always well taken care of. What if I forget to say good morning one time? I don't want him to be sad." (M/N) worried, closing his book.

"I can assure you that the lucky man would never be sad. How many invitations have you got, for a hand in marriage?"

"...None."

Yuno nearly slammed the book in shock at the number. It wasn't possible yet as he thought about it, it made sense. The Black Bulls Base was never revealed so no one could send direct letters and the office ways had those letters go disappearing. It didn't help that Vanessa would stuff certain letters into Charmy's mouth. Hiding the evidence.

"Well, let me be the first to offer my hand."

"W-What?!"

(M/N) nearly fell out his chair in shock, the poor boy was trembling, thinking Yuno was playing a cruel joke. If only he knew that he was serious. When he told Asta about the 'joke' Yuno told him, he nearly had his eardrums blown off by Asta proposing at him.

"Please be my adorable sweet wife!" Asta yelled.

"Aren't you in love with the nun?!" (M/N) winced.

Before Asta could answer, he felt his Captain's Ki looming behind him, threatening. It didn't help that in that moment, he was being glared at by several people but (M/N) wasn't aware. Yami stepped in putting a hand on him, that grip was painful.

"Watch your words, you wouldn't want to anger the wrong people, shrimp."

———
Back when (M/N) told Nature of the good news.

"Nature?" (M/N) called out.

"How can I help you child?"

The scary figure emerged from the trees, its form demented and twisted like the branches of trees. People typically expected a beauty from Nature but she always scared any children away except (M/N). Well, (M/N) just thought she was part of the imagination back when he was growing up. Now, she stood before him, looking down, towering over him. It was pleasant to see that sweet smile on his face, she was lucky to see it a lot.

"Guess what, I ranked pretty high on the leaderboard for most promising Magic Knight! I'm so happy." (M/N) cheered.

"I'm happy for you too. You should be happy over everything you can do, are you?" Nature asked.

"Well, I'm not necessarily the best at anything I feel but I like to try my best." (M/N) admitted.

"Then that's what matters to me."

Nature felt like her child was too good to join the Black Bull's, to even have a lover. He was just too pliant, lacked any backbone. He was raised too softly but she could have never raised him harshly in any way. (M/N) is her small pride and joy. It's just worrying that someone might misuse that trust. She could remember a time when he was much younger.