The Twins Betrayal 17

Start from the beginning

"Really?"

"Yeah, Now that I remember one day you just came home and promised to get better. You said that you had really messed up and after that, you and Heather got better together and grew closer to the kids. Then you guys never talked about the incident, even when you continued to look for the twins."

I thought about what he said, trying to remember what was going on at that horrible time. I do remember drinking excessively. I was either always working or at a random bar or club.

I always tried to block that time out. It almost tore our family apart again. I was glad that I had my family to take care of the kids because otherwise, I don't know what else could've happened. 

I could faintly remember waking up in another woman's house as I thought about that time. No clothes on and still drowsy from when I had been drinking. I briefly remember getting home and feeling guilty about it.

I remember talking to Heather privately about it and then we promised each other that we would get better. She went to her sister, who is a therapist, and talked about her problems. While I stopped drinking and worked on my anger.

I wonder how she's going to feel about this. I need to take the boys home and talk to Heather.

"I need to talk to Heather. " I mumbled getting up.

"Okay." Teo said.

We walked out of the room to see the boys sitting on the floor eating some snacks.

"Let's go boys."

They got up and walked in front of me to the door. We split up with Matteo and got into my car. As I started driving us home, I glanced back at the boys in the mirror and saw them watching something on Caydens' phone. They would let out some laughs here and there.

I turned on some quiet music and tried to think of ways I could tell my wife that Ace was my son. As we arrived at the house, I decided that the best possible way to tell her was straight up and private.

I could tell her first, then we could tell the rest of the kids together. We got out of the car and went inside. Luckily, I found her in the kitchen working on her laptop.

The boys went to Caydens' room and I got Heather to come to our room.

"So... We found out who Aces' father is."

"That's good honey. Who is it?"

I hesitated and took a deep breath.

"It's me. I'm his father."

She looked shocked and didn't say anything.

"Look, it was an accident. It happened a few weeks after the twins went missing. I didn't even know about him being mine until today. And I don't even remember when it happened because I was drugged. I'm sorry."

She didn't say anything. After a few agonizing minutes, she nodded.

"Okay."

I looked at her confused. What did she mean by that?

"Okay, what?"

"I understand. We were both a mess at that time and you were drugged and most likely drunk, so you couldn't help it. So, therefore I forgive you."

"Wonderful. So, you're okay with him staying with us?"

"Of course I am." She replied smiling.