The Twins Betrayal 17

Cayden

Dad just sat there in disbelief and put his head in his hands. I looked at Ace and saw tears streaming down his face.

"Ace?" I whispered.

He quickly hopped off the bed and ran out of the room. I glanced at my dad and uncle before following him. He down the hall and into an empty stairwell. 

He sat in the corner, tears still pouring down his face and his hands gripping at his hair. I sat down beside him, hugged my knees to my chest, and laid my head on them.

All I could do was look at him. I had no idea what to do. How was I supposed to comfort my best friend who just found out he was my brother.

I just looked at him as he started to calm down. He was in the same position as me now, except his head was buried in his knees.

"Did you know?" He asked, his voice all shaky.

"No, of course not.". I told him as I put my knees down.

"You promise?"

"Yeah." I said quietly, hugging him.

"He was so close this whole time." He whispered.

"I use to ask my mom about him. She would get mad sometimes, but she would tell me things on her good days. And now I don't know if any of it was true or not."

"What would she say?" I asked quietly

"It would change sometimes. On some days she would say that he was too busy to come home and that he was working far away so that he could come back and give us the best life ever.

And on other days she would say that he was in the military fighting for us, protecting us every day. She would say that he always tried to come back to us, but they kept stationing him at different bases.

I'm not sure why she changed it. I guess she thought that I would be suspicious of it, but she still told me it. After a while, I just stopped believing her. I haven't really thought about him for a couple of years now.

And go figure the first kid that becomes my friend is my brother."

He ended laughing softly with tears still in his eyes.

I hugged him again and then we both got up. He wiped his tears and we left the stairs. Then we decided to get some snacks from the vending machine.

Leo

"I-it's y-you..." He stuttered pausing

"Leo, y-you're his father. I-it's a ninety-nine point nine percent match..." He said trailing off.

Oh my god.

Oh my god.

OH MY GOD!

I have another son.

Another son that isn't my wife's.

I lifted my head as I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I looked at my brother.

"You okay, bro?" he asked me.

I shook my head.

"No. No, I am not okay. I just found out that I have a kid, who is a couple of months younger than the ones I just got back. I don't even remember being with another woman."

"Well. You were a huge mess back then. You were always angry and getting drunk. I'm not surprised that you don't remember. Heather probably won't either, she was pretty depressed because of it."