[three: yale, not harvard]

Winona and Rory sit across from their mother as Emily Gilmore walks back to the dinner table, complaining about the walnuts

"I don't know how else to say no walnuts in the salad, except to say 'No walnuts in the salad'."

Winona giggles, "How about, Pas de noix dans la salade?"
(No walnuts in the salad: if that's wrong somebody let me know!!)

Lorelai sighs at her eldest daughter and says through her teeth, "Don't encourage her Winona!"

Emily smiles at the girl, "Hmm maybe I'll have to try some French."

Lorelai and Emily continue to bicker about the maid and her salad with walnuts until Richard invites Winona and Rory into the kitchen. He opens the fridge grabbing ice for his drink as well as some chocolate for them all.

"Thank you grandpa!"

Richard smiles at the name Winona had choosen, "No problem darling." He turns to both girls this time, "So, how is school going?"

"It's good, crazy."

"Boring."

Richard looks at Winona with a chuckle, "Boring?"

Winona nods, "I understand the need for some subjects but I don't need to know the 15th president if I want to be a nurse.... it's unnecessary."

Richard nods, "Hmm, I see your point Winona. But it is your senior year girls and every class counts."

Winona sighs and frowns, "I know."

Rory giggles at her sister, "Was it worth it?"

Richard nods, "Oh yes, my years at Yale were my best years. The most gratifying ones of my life."

Winona sighs, "I can't wait till I get to go there!"

"I'm going to be going back there, next week. There's going to be a little reunion of the acapella singing group I was in, the whiffenpoofs." He turns to Winona, "You should come with me Win, see the school you've wanted to go to."

Winona smiles and hugs Richard, "Thank you so much grandpa, I would love to!!"

He then turns to Rory. "You and your mother should come along! Let's make it a family trip!"

♥♥♥♥

Lorelai, Rory and Winona walk out of the Gilmore mansion talking about the sand dabs. Getting into the backseat Winona turns to her mother, "So mom, grandpa asked Rory and I if we could come with him to Yale next weekend, and you are allowed to come as well."

Lorelai sighs, "Come on, he knows you two want to go to Harvard, why is he trying to turn you two against me by making you two go to Yale? He knows I never wanted you girls to go there."

Winona's heart drops at her mothers words. Not only is her mother making it about her again, but she also has now forgotten that Winona wants to go to Yale, and not Harvard. It wasn't like Winona kept it a secret, she had a Yale flag in her bedroom for freaks sake!

"Mom I want to go to Yale, not Harvard."

Lorelai shakes her head,
"No you want to go to Harvard."

Winona sighs, "I have a Yale flag mom! You want me to go to Harvard, I want to go to Yale." She shakes her head, "You know just because you didn't want to follow my grandparents footsteps doesn't mean I can't! I happen to idol grandpa and grandma, they have a beautiful life and love each other! I want that!"

"I'm not gonna follow your every word anymore mother, not like Rory!"

♥♥♥♥
The Next Day

Winona sits on her bed as she scrolls through Instagram, She had just gotten back from hanging out with Amanda at her house.

She still hasn't spoken to her mother since Rory had claimed that Lorelai had messed up on accident.

But, Winona knew better then to believe that pathetic excuse. Winona still hadn't talked to Rory about the fight either, all girls in the Gilmore home awkwardly living together, not saying a word.

She clicks on instagram seeing a couple of notifications pop up from her post.

@winonagilmore hi:)

@amanda_houth damn we hotttt
@loganhuntzberger19 gorgeous dove♥
@richardgilmore can't wait to see you this weekend Winona -love Richard Gilmore
@tristandugray_ miss you girls, we should hangout soon!
view more comments

Logan's comment makes her smile as well as her grandfathers. She even smiles seeing Tristan's, forgetting the boy even followed her. She closes the app and sends quick text to Tristan after finding his contact saying thank you for the comment and that she misses the boy as well.

♥♥♥♥
779 words
A/N

Hey guys, I don't really like the end but I did want to update this book sooo... Anyway hope you liked the rest of it lovely's. Also, that's how my grandfather texts me so I felt it fit Richard as well!

Vote, Comment and follow!

Have an amazing day!