2 - 1

So the novel I read and am currently in is called 'A Last One's Remains'. The protagonist of the story is a man called Lukas Casimir Lockhart who lived a rough childhood with his mother. His mother was from the Lockhart branch family and because his mother eloped with an unknown man and came back pregnant, they were scorned by the family. But they didn't care that they were poor or bullied as long as they had each other, that was enough.

That was until the Lockhart main family committed familicide, killing multiple branches of their family which included Lukas' mother.

Everything went downhill from there. As he was so traumatised, Lukas awakened his potential in the sword path and the Celestial Lizalia sword reacted to him after slumbering for over a thousand years.

This made all the elders in the main family ecstatic so they brought Lukas back, erased his memories, brainwashed him and branded a slave seal on his body. Luckily for Lukas and unfortunate for the Lockhart family, the brainwashing and memory erasing didn't work but the Lockharts didn't know this as Lukas was a quick witted child and pretended to know nothing, acting as their puppet but the Slave seal still put him at their mercy.

His hatred and resentment for the Lockharts only grew stronger and stronger as he grew up witnessing their atrocities and being forced to do things he didn't want.

Once he turned 16, Lukas was admitted to the Rauxirth Academy along with a member of the Lockhart to study at.

It was there that he met the Heroine, Alicia Rosea and fell for her after their many coincidental encounters and getting to know each other. Her angelic smile lit his dark world and her warmth hit the coldest part of his heart while her kindness brought back some of his humanity.

It was the beginning of Lukas Casimir Lockhart's new lease in life and he found something other than revenge in his heart.

Not going to lie, it was quite a heartwarming scene. Alicia truly acted like an angel which descended from heaven just to spread positivity and happiness.

They both found out each other's identities pretty quickly, Lukas was from a noble family while Alicia was a commoner but she had joined the magic Tower as she was found to be a once in a thousand year genius.

Although they had different statuses, it didn't stop them from falling in love as they faced quite a lot of obstacles.

Oh and here comes the introduction for the villains. There were many mini villains and cannon fodders such as the Lockhart family and those obstructing their love but the one who stuck out the most was...

Claude Idris De O'phellia, 3rd prince of the O'phellia empire.

Claude was the main villain and also the final boss. Now to name all the nefarious crimes he had committed throughout the entire novel would be too long.

To sum it up, Claude had committed: arson, terrorism, mass murder, genocides, illegal trading, slavery and many more, but these were the main ones.

However, it was very hard to catch him red handed and gather evidence as he was always slick, would never leave evidence behind and when he did, it was to frame others for his deeds. Everything he did was for his own benefit or boredom.

As for the protagonist and the Heroine's love story, Claude just had to butt his ass in and mess around with them, playing everyone around like chess pieces, including himself sometimes.

Sometimes he would help the protagonist like the downfall of the Lockharts and other times he wouldn't such as purposely erasing clues and taking advantage of their weakened states.

He even managed to manipulate the Heroine to betray the protagonist which hurt him deeply.

What happened next was as one would expect, a great dog blood drama!