Rooftop

Sunoo, Heeseung, Sunghoon, Jay and Jungwon were on the floor, eyes still closed.

"Guys, it's over" said Niki.

Heeseung opened his eyes and saw the blond guy with a bat in his hand come closer to Sunoo.
The mirror on the dressing table was broken, pieces of glass were scattered on the floor.

The group slowly got up and left the haunted bedroom together. Layla looked at the dressing table for a while, before following them outside.
They walked in the garden, enjoying the fresh air.

Heeseung laid on the grass, exhausted.

"Do you think she'll come back?" asked Sunghoon.
"She's trapped in the mirror" said Niki. "Now that it's broken, she won't be able to come out."

Sunghoon nodded and laid next to Heeseung, followed by the rest of the group. They were all exhausted and just laying there felt right.

Sunghoon discreetly approached his hand from Heeseung's. The latter noticed and took it, glad that it wasn't the wounded one. He turned his head and smiled at Sunghoon.

We made it.

~

The boys didn't really talk about what had happened. It was too fresh and way too intense. They enjoyed the silence around them. It felt so peaceful after the woman's screams.

After a few minutes, Heeseung felt his flip-phone vibrate in his pocket.

Mom is going to kill me.

Apparently Jungwon had read his mind, as he had sat up and was looking at him worried.

"Hey mom" said Heeseung, ready to be scolded.
"Heeseung, it's already 6 pm, when are you coming home?" asked his mother.
"I'm going now okay? Don't worry" replied Heeseung, trying to hide his confusion.

He hung up and looked at Jungwon.

"It's only 6 pm? But we stayed hours here!" he said.
"I think time doesn't work the same in this house" said Niki. "Otherwise I would have died from starvation in the shed."
"Don't say such things" replied Sunoo right away.

"Anyway, I have to go, my mother is going to get crazy if I don't" he said, looking at Sunghoon.
"We'll see each other soon right?" asked the latter.
"Of course" replied Heeseung smiling.

Jay looked at them and elbowed Jungwon, who just nodded proudly.

~

The next morning, Heeseung woke up without fully understanding what had happened the day before. The only tangible proof of it were Sunghoon's phone number on his phone and the thousand messages they had sent each other during the night.

Going up and putting his uniform on was the worst thing ever. He didn't want to go to school.

And there's still today AND tomorrow before the weekend. 

He sighed and went downstairs. His mother was hearing the news on the radio.

*we still don't have any news about the disappeared adolescent Sim Jae-*

She muted the radio as she saw her son.
"Slept well?" she asked, trying to cover her worries behind a smile.

~

As usual, Jungwon was waiting for Heeseung in front of his house.
"Why are you always late?" he asked, when he saw him.
"Good morning to you too" simply replied Heeseung.
"Ready for today?" asked Jungwon.
"Not at all. I can't believe that we're back to normal after yesterday. I'm still confused about how long it lasted. It feels like we stayed a month there" he said.
"I know right" replied Jungwon.
"Can't wait for tomorrow night" continued Heeseung. "I want to meet the four of them again."
"The four, really?" asked Jungwon, teasing his friend.
"Okay okay.. I want to see Sunghoon" confessed Heeseung.
"It'll go fast, I promise" said Jungwon.