Chapter 4

The sun glimmered down upon St. Freya High as four individuals stood in pairs, a passenger jet primed and its engines vibrating the air as the pilots await their passengers. The duo of blue eyes shared a hug and the taller amongst them gave a playful salute to the redhead.

Still very hung over from the party, she seemed.

Rita bowed before the two as Soleil walked towards the steps of the aircraft, a final glance over at the campus, a nostalgic glimmer passed through his eyes. Spotting Kiana and company by the windows, he waved with an arm as he grinned at each of them and was responded with waves of their own. With their goodbyes said and done, Rita and Soleil boarded as the door behind them shut with an airtight seal. 

"It was good seeing them all again. At the very least, I can put my mind at ease knowing that they'll be fine as long as they have each other. Oh, by the way, where were you during that week? I was looking for you everywhere but it's like you managed to find the one hidding place in the campus that no one else can find." Soleil jested, grinning in his usual manner. Rita giggled to herself and held a finger up to her lips. 

"A woman always has her secrets, Mr. Kaslana. Otherwise, the chase would be so boring." 

The young man agreed, nodding to himself as he gazed out the window and through the clouds, watching as the jet continued to ascend toward the blue horizon.

Rita's eyes flicked upward, sensing a dangerous atmosphere suddenly cut through the peace. Magenta locked with
seafoam.

A gun barrel deadset between her eyes as the knight's eyes lost their jovial tone. She shivered as the man's pupil had morphed into a slit form, his eyes glowed with an ominous light.

A single finger twitch would be enough to kill her, she realised that much as she placed the phone mid-message back down and set it upon her lap. The two entered a stare down as Soleil spoke.

"Willing to share a secret with a close friend then?"

.....

There was something wrong going on. He knew it for a fact when his interrogation ended so adruptly. Rita was definitely up to something for her to be missing for a whole week, especially the interference during the exams.

Soleil spun, letting an arrow fly by as he gripped a Kunoichi's arm and swung the Zombie with ease, slamming the undead against the dirt before impaling her heart. He didn't look back as he let three bullets loose, each flying and striking the head of the Ranger Zombie.

Stepping over the motionless corpse, he surveyed the area with the Immortal Blades under his command. Honkai movement was detected along the shores of New South Whales, Durandal was sent away with the rest of their squad to cover more ground.

"Immortal Blades, clear all stragglers and we'll move up towards the rendevous point with the-"

Explosions tore through the shoreline as sand was kicked up in the air. Valkyries and Knight alike were caught in the airstrike, missiles raining down upon them.

"Scramble and take cover! Get the injured out of here!"

Soleil coughed as the debris was caught in his throat. Gulping down one last breath, he held fast and jumped out from the dust cloud. More missiles coming down upon them. Flipping the Mjolnir pistols from their holsters, his eyes tracked each and every target as a continuous burst of Honkai-laced bullets found their marks. 

The Knight stood his ground, glaring at the encroaching army. The robotic amours began billowing through the ruined buildings, the symbol of their makers gleaming within the afternoon sun.

The mark of Anti-Entropty. A splinter group of Shicksal that was once the North American Branch. If they were here, then there was something within the Oceania Branch that they wanted.

Breathing in deep through his nose, he exhaled and began his charge against the robotic masses. His blade, slashed through the metal plates with ease and bullets pierced the joints of limbs. They attacked en masse, and yet they were dispatched with a clear disadvantage as Soleil picked each clean with singular strikes.

"They're distracting me. It's clear that whatever they want, the main forces were sent ahead and everything here is to keep me in check."

The mechas did not answer but he assumed the statement was correct. Another deep inhalation of air, the greatsword's handguard opened and folded to extend the grip, the blade shone crimson as its edge elongated. Flames spewed from the exhausts as Honkai enegy surged with a mighty pulse.

He spread his legs wide as he entered a deep, focused stance. The sword clutched in his right hand and hovered over his left hip, flames coagulating throughout the blade. As the wave of mechas approached, he awaited their arrival.

Honkai energy suddenly erupted within the very core of his body, the scarlet insignia imprinted upon his hand shining with a viscious glow.

Time slowed to a crawl and space distorted. The mechas were carved into pieces, flames washed over them as Soleil delivered a single cut through the air and demolished the small scale army.

Soleil fell down to a knee, clutching his arm as agony shot through his nerves like a liquid fire. Circuitry-like veins had spread through the entirety of his right arm and began climbing up his neck and peeked through the collar of his cobalt coat.

He scanned the area, glancing through the destroyed mechas and dying flames, he noticed one thing.

There was a sudden silence, until the earth trembled. Soleil was knocked off his feet and sent skidding across the sand as a massive eruption of light filled the sky like a beacon. Howling winds swept across the continent as he struggled to keep his ground. Honkai energy slammed through him like a truck as his corruption flared to a new level.

He grit his teeth, biting back the screams as he peered upward. A Honkai Outbreak had appeared, but his senses told him of a greater threat.

A Herrscher had appeared.

A ringing blared in his ear as his radio picked up a communication link. Answering the call, Theresa's face appeared upon a screen.

"Sol! I knew you were here when I picked up on your ID tag! The girls have encountered the Herrscher of Wind and are engaging in combat as we speak!" The panic and pleas gave Soleil a surge of adrenaline, the girls were skilled for their age and rank, but a Herrscher was a completely different threat.

He would need Judgement of Shamash.

"I'll be there, tell the others to back off and just evade until I-"

"That's not all, Durandal is also on her way and she's coming to retrieve the Gem of Desire herself. The girls want to help out Wendy, they're attempting to talk her down and are gradually calming her, just buy them some time!"

Soleil paused. Wendy? The A rank in his class? He blinked as he remembered that she was scouted for the Oceania Branch for her skill. And finding a way to stall Durandal, without her picking up her suspicions...

His mind clicked as a light bulb lit up.

"Give me her approximate travelling direction and I'll meet her half way and do something quite stupid."

Labor of Olympus suddenly dropped to the floor. He couldn't move his right arm, his fingers wouldn't bend to his will, not even a single twitch.

"What're you gonna do?" Theresa peered at him with concern, watching him struggle with his numb limb.

Crouching down, he clenched his left hand on the grip and brought it up to his shoulder. Turning to the Principal, he grinned.

"Piss everything off."