i | Sonder ❦ (prelude)

Börja om från början

It only took seconds for two police officers to bust into the small apartment, guns raised and on high alert.

"Everybody put their hands up right now!" One of them shouted, and the other one immediately pointed his gun at Amiré.

Amiré's body shook as he backed into the wall, placing his hands above his head.

"P-please don't shoot me o-officer."

"Shut up! Keep your hands above your head and don't move, or I will!" He screamed, while his partner ran to his fathers body, checking his pulse. He quickly grabbed his radio and called it in, pronouncing a victim dead on scene.

Hearing that, sent the second officer into overdrive. He stepped closer to Amiré, keeping his gun aimed."Turn around!"

Once realization hit his mother of the depth of the situation, she immediately stood up and ran in front of him, holding her hands up as a way to shield him.

"No officer it was me! He was just trying to help get me off him, I killed him for beating me!" She lied, shielding her only child.

Amiré was too frightened to hear the words that left her mouth, not moving from behind her.

The officer quickly fixed his aim on her, cutting his eyes at her in disbelief. "Neighbors reported a woman screaming stop."

"It was me officer," She repeated, trying to control her shaky voice. "My baby father was abusing me sir, just look at my face! I was defending myself. My son was a witness to it all."

It hit Amiré what she said, causing him to snap out of it. He opened his mouth to shut down her confession but couldn't find his voice. He was shook.

She was taking the blame for what he had done.

The second officer looked back to his partner who was already looking at him. Both their eyes moved to the bloody bat on the floor, beside his body. With no one else in the apartment besides them, and her confession, there was no real reason to question it longer.

The second officer turned back around and rushed to her, forcing her to turn around and face Amiré, while he placed her arms behind her back and handcuffed her.

Time felt like it had slowed down as Amiré stared into his mother's tearful red eyes. Confused. The sound of his heartbeat was literally all he could hear as her mouth began moving, he just shook his head no and reached for her.

"My sweet boy, it's gonna be okay." She smiled at him through the tears, "I killed him and they have to take me away. Let them do their job."

"Step to the side son and let my partner do his job. Your mother has to go with us." The first officer said, standing up slowly, taking a few steps towards Amiré.

"No!" He screamed, running and hugging the front of her body to prevent him from moving her. "Let my mom go! Let her go!" He was crying so hard, he was choking on his own tears.

The first officer rushed to him, trying to pull him off. "Let her go son!"

This only caused him to hug her tighter.