"Your legs can move. That's what's important." Sendak huffed, "I'll see if the paladins have anything that could possibly work for repairs, wait here."

"Sendak-wait-don't leave me here-" Katie began but Sendak just left her there with Keith close by.

She sighed, running a hand through the messy front of her hair. Katie desperately needed to rebraid her hair and get it into a more neat style.

"I uh... I... missed you.." Keith said awkwardly, stepping towards her.

"Mhm," Katie said simply, taking down her braid and combing through it with her fingers.

Her hair was long, down to about her mid back and towards her hips.

Keith frowned, it wasn't that long when they first found her on Drule.. was it?

"I'm... we're.. sorry.. about what happened... it shouldn't have.." he murmured, watching as Katie quickly braided her hair.

It was surprising how quick she did it, clearly years of practice being put to use. She tied the braid up into a bun, the ports and scars on the back of her neck on full display now.

It was gruesome, layers upon layers of scar tissue surrounding the ports. Clear lines and marks showing exactly where they repeatedly cut into her skin in order to do maintenance on her prosthetic.

"I... Katie... I... I really... we didn't.. please understand.." Keith stammered, unsure of what to say and what to tell her.

How does someones apologize for that? How does someone beg a girl for forgiveness after what they did?

"You... uh..." Keith frowned, looking up at Katie who was looking right back at him.

God she looked amazing, skin glowing, freckles gorgeously speckled across her face, long golden hair, big doe eyes. Katie was absolutely enchanting to him.

"You look... beautiful." He gulped, smiling when her gaze snaps to meet his and her cheeks go bright red.

But.. she was glaring. An absolute death glare that probably should've killed him.

"So glad that's what you noticed," she hissed, the first words she'd said to any of them really. And.. it was an insult. Sort of.

Sendak really could not come back soon enough because Keith suddenly realized just how uncalled for his comment was. Of course she didn't want to hear that, why would she? Katie was essentially being held hostage by the people who left her to die and that was what he decided was a good idea to say?

"I didn't mean it like that- I just- you- I-" Keith stammered, feeling like an absolute fucking fool.

She didn't want him near her, he knew that. She'd literally tried to kill them and teamed up with the people that they were fighting an intergalactic war against.

"You what?" Katie snarled, voice blunt and apathetic.

She clearly didn't care about whatever he had to say, or really what any of them had to say.

"I... I looked for you.. we all did.. we tought you'd left to find your family.." Keith said softly, trying desperately to find the correct words.
"We.. I..."

Sendak could not have picked a better time to return, though he looked a bit upset.

"Only the traitors have someone qualified to make repairs," the large galra grumbled, absolutely enraged at the idea of letting them work on his kit.

"I can fix it myself," Katie insisted, looking up at Sendak.
"I designed the interface. I can fix it."

"Not without hurting yourself, and we are not letting that happen." Sendak grumbled.
"A technician will come here with the necessary equipment to repair it. We can't risk any nerve damage happening to you if the prosthetic gives out."