Chapter 42

Techno was blinded, only the sounds of his trusted steeds hooves pounding on the cobble road echoed in his troubled mind. The rain pelted his face relentlessly and the wind tangled his hair. The prince had abandoned his post, the most shameful thing for a royal to do, But he didnt care. The voices screamed in his head, threats and images of what he would do if he found you hurt in any way. 

His horse slowed down once he passed the gates, the town was in total disrepair and not a single soul was to be seen. His once peaceful town deathly quiet, his steed eventually collapsed from running non stop. Techno petted his horse tenderly apologising for making him run so hard.

"you did good" He whispered to his trusted stallion, he would take care of him but today he had to leave him. Techno walked to his castle, sword drawn and ready to fight his brother. The signs that he was here were everywhere, dead bodies lined the halls, all servants. Techno dared not look down at the subjects he failed to protect, scared he might lose focus of his mission.

A knight clad in black armour stood out of the shadows, Techno hid behind a wall before the man could see him. The sound of his metal footsteps got louder as he approached, when the knight walked past Techno struck, piercing his blade in the crook of the gap where the armour pieces separated. His sword went straight through, killing the guard instantly. Techno pulled his sword out as the knight fell to the floor choking on his own blood, Techno didn't even watch the man suffer, walking away as if nothing happened. 

He was looking for his brother and now that he saw the knight he had confirmed that Dream was indeed within these walls and there was only one place he'd be waiting. Techno made his way to the throne room, he pushed open the heavy doors only to lock eyes with the man he hated most. 

"brother...you got my message" Dream spoke mockingly, Technos eyes drifted to Dream's side where you lay tied up with mana repressing cuffs, you were barely conscious. Techno bared his tusks in anger towards his brother.

"let.them.go" 

"Oh no...not the scary voice" Dream said sarcastically, yanking the chain you were connected to, pulling you forward and to your knees, Technos stared hardened. "Like my new pet?...I think their little magic tricks will be fun, I know why you keep them around now" Dream laughed, he often referred to his allies as pets, anyone under his status were considered to be his possessions rather than friends...and he didn't like it when possessions were taken from him.

You couldn't look up at him, disappointed that you couldn't even hold your own without him to protect you. Techno tried to talk to him, to get the real reason he was here. 

"both of us know you're not here to avenge Wilbur..." Techno spoke calmly, making dream smile.

"wrong. I do care, unlike you, Wilbur was my dear brother..." Dream stood, looking down at his brother while he addressed him. "You just had to kill him...why don't you tell everyone what really happened that night, I'm sure your little fiancé would love to know '' Dream grabbed your face, squishing it and moving it to his will. He just wanted to taunt his little brother, like he had always done. 

"go on '' His smile grows wider "If you tell the truth I might just let you go with a light punishment" You stared at Techno with a confused look, you couldn't speak because of the fabric tied around your mouth that tightly restricted you. Technos eyes waved down to yours apologetically.

"I...I did kill him. '' Techno confessed to you, he didn't care about the other witnesses, he only worried how you would see him now. "I killed my brother..."

Techno thought back to the night he murdered his own kin in cold blood, retelling the events in detail, hoping you would not hate him for lying to you.

It was a week after his brother's great coronation, the whole kingdom rejoiced for their new king, The eldest of the four princes, wilbur. Techno finally came back from the arctic border to congratulate his eldest brother but everything seemed off. His brother spoke only in simple sentences and his eyes looked glossed over and dead. Every time he tried to approach to talk Wilbur would be suddenly pulled away to attend to something.

"You should really stop worrying so much brother" Dream spoke, placing a hand on his brother's shoulder, but his worries wouldn't go away so easily. Dinner came around quickly, they sat like a proper family like had done so long ago. It was quiet, Tommy ate as if nothing was wrong, dream ate his food with grace. But technos eyes wandered to his brother and king, Wilbur, who sat happily not touching his food. 

"What's wrong Brother?" Wilbur's voice was early cheerful, Techno frowned at his brother.

"you haven't eaten anything since I got here"

Wilbur only smiled at his brother's observations, he grew quiet, like he didn't know how to answer. This wasn't like him, Wilbur was known to crack a joke or tease his brothers saying "aw you care about me?" but he said nothing. Technos eyes grew serious when his brother suddenly raised his hand and glass in the air.

"a toast!" Wilbur changed the subject. Tommy raised his glass with a dream, both looking at Techno confused that he didn't join in. The pink haired prince eventually gave in, raising a toast to his new king. 

The night went on without any other problems, each prince heading off to their childhood bedrooms. Techno went to his old room, touching the walls that he once shared with his family before being sent away with his mother. He thought about how they would all play and enjoy eachothers company, the halls were always filled with laughter but now the castle walls were cold. 

Techno wandered the corridors, he hadn't dressed in his nightwear, still clad in his red cape, crown and sword. His footsteps echoed on the marble floor, the only light bouncing off the candle that he carried with him. He admired the paintings depicting his long lost moments of peace with his family. 

"a-agh!" 

A sudden groan of pain snapped the pink prince from his trance of nostalgia, he turned his head to the source of the sound. It was his brother's room, it was lit and the door was ajar. 

"Wilbur?" Techno called out to his brother, when he didn't answer he opened the door, the sight shocked him. There his brother sat on the side of the bed peeling off the skin from his arm, the skin was black and dead. Technos eyes widened, as his king pulled off his skin with a happy smile plastered on his face. 

"Brother...?" 

Wilbur jumped, snapping his head towards the door where Techno stood in shock. The smile never left his face as he spoke.

"oh! Techno! How lovely to see you again!" 

Techno approached his sibling cautiously, but Wilburs gaze never faltered. He stared at his brother's arms, noting that they were rotting from something. He looked into his elder brother's eyes that held that same glossy look at dinner. 

"What is wrong with you?!" Techno could believe what he was seeing, was his brother rotting away? Was this some kind of new disease? How was he still alive? Wilbur nodded, but a tear ran down his cheek.

"Nothing brother, I'm feeling fine" Techno placed a hand on his shoulder, shocking the brown haired King, his eyes suddenly returning to a more alive state for a split second. "Te-Techno..." His voice suddenly became raspy, almost dying, he grabbed his brother pulling him close. Techno saw the fear in his eyes as they locked for a moment, his words would forever haunt the young prince.

"B-Brother...please...k-kill me" 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Words:1352