Chapter 31

Technos kisses were soft and filled with passion and longing, a trail of love bites on your neck where he had been. You wanted nothing more than to share this night with Techno, but a heavy shadow cast over your happy ending. In the pit of your stomach fear and doubt took over where excitement and love once conquered. So much Death and loss had followed you on your journey it was taking a heavy toll on your mind, did you truly deserve to be happy? Your heart was so conflicted, this is what you wanted, so why did you feel so guilty? you pulled your hands away from his wrapping yourself up from the cold. Your lip quivered at the sudden chill of being away from him, he frowned in response.

"Is something wrong?"

"no-...well yes and no" You sigh confessing "Yes"

He reached out to take your hands again, when you withdrew his face dropped, realising he had done something wrong. You avoided his sad gaze, your eyes darting to the moonlit sky.

"I'm sorry...it's so much" His heart seemed to crack at your words, he painfully asked.

"did...I did something wrong?" His voice was strained as he tried his best to be gentle and patient. You shook your head.

"Oh god! No no! Believe me I want this but-... So much has happened and I think I need time to process it all" You confessed your reluctance, guilt kept you from locking eyes with him but you could almost feel his disappointment.

"o-oh" He tried to stay calm, obviously embarrassed he had been so selfish to push this on top of the other problems you were trying to figure out. "Oh god...I'm so sorry"

You bit your lip "I'll be honest, I do like you...but I'm not ready...so let's try again later?" You looked up at him expectantly, his expression melted into one of understanding. He nodded, kneeling down and taking your hand, he rested it against his forehead in an exchange of a knight's oath.

"if that's what you need...I'll wait" He promised, then shifted your hand to place a light kiss on it. You turned red at the contact, a warm smile painted on your face.

"Thank you..."

Techno stood up, his red eyes locking with yours. He loved the way your hair caught the moonlight as if the stars were tangled in your locks, he wanted nothing more than to entangle himself with you then and there to show the world you were his,

They are already yours

They are here

Take them

He pushed back the voices, he would always hold back if that's what you truly wanted.

"I'll retire for the night, I suggest you do so as well before you get sick out here" He draped his cape across your shivering form, it was warm with his scent and the soft fabric felt as if flowers were blooming on your back.

"I will soon" He begins to walk away from you.

"well...goodnight then"

"goodnight"

With small goodbyes you both part, unknown to both of you just how painful it was to say a simple goodnight. He left the room quiet and empty, you looked back to the night sky, your breath drifting like fog from the cold. It will snow soon.

The blankets warmed your cold body but you hugged Techno's cape as if it was the only thing to keep you warm. You thought about what had happened, maybe you'd been too harsh and he would no longer be interested in you. your thoughts were soon interrupted when one last knock came to your door. You got up, opening it, expecting the Pink haired man but on the floor laid a single apple. You chuckled, amused at his attempts to joke about your first meeting.