After high school Onika and I had to go to separate colleges and then for higher education purposes we spent even more time apart than together.

I missed her dearly, but she called me whenever she could and I remember she even surprised visited me on Christmas. She cooked Christmas eve dinner with my mom that night.

I remember the knock at the door and then next thing I knew I was hugging her so tight. I cried like a baby when I knew she came for the holidays.

Christmas rolled back around and I knocked myself out of my reminding headspace and watched the snow fall as I pulled up to my moms house.

It was snowing in Houston, rare chance for me to do something big.

I got out of the car and opened the door with my key and sighed at how warm it was inside. I closed the door immediately and I looked up smiling when I heard laughing.

I walked in the kitchen and watched Robyn smack the back of Aubrey's neck.

"Nigga didn't Nicki say those cookies weren't for yo pale ass?" She asked and I watched him wipe off some cookie crumbs.

"I was hungry! Y'all don't feed a nigga in this house till dinner time. It's like thanksgiving—you starve till dinner." He said trying to defend himself.

I just laughed at the scene and looked over to my one and only.

She was smiling at me and I walked over as she gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Where were you? We started baking without you. I wanted them to wait but you were taking so long." She asked softly gripping my sweater a little bit. I smiled down at her. She was still eo cute.

She had her own white Christmas sweater on I remember she got us matching ones that she plans on forcing me to wear tomorrow. Same with pajamas.

"Isn't a good thing she wasn't here? She would've found a way to set the damn house on fire." I heard from behind me and I peeked at my little sister.

"How after all these years you still manage to piss me off?" I asked and she shrugged. "It's a talent of mine." She responded.

I heard running and I looked passed the kitchen into the hallway that separates the dinning room and the kitchen.

I watched Kelly fall flat on her ass while Michelle started laughing and then falling as well.

"Fuck!" "Shit!"Kelly and Michelle cursed in sync.

I heard Onikas laugh behind me. "I told y'all to stop running around in socks!" She remarked and I watched Robyn and Aubrey snicker.

"Oh really? Thanks for the reminder Onigga!" Michelle said sarcastically and I watched Onika pick up a spatula and run out the kitchen—breaking her own no running in the house rule.

I sat up on the counter and Kelly walked into the kitchen rubbing her ass. "Your moms floor hurt my butt Bey." She groaned.

They were all gathered here—except Michelle Onika was busy beating her up with a spatula.

"Guys I have something to tell y'all." I said seriously and I heard Solange speak up. "You got her pregnant? Another mini fire hazard?" I rolled my eyes.

"No! Y'all need to stop making that joke because once again—there are no balls in these draws." I said pointing at my pants and they all snickered. I shook my head and slowly pulled out the box.

They all went silent and I sighed.

"I want to propose. I don't know when—but I want to while we're all here." I said and Kelly spoke up.

Behind Closed Doors जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें