How You Meet

How You Meet

I think there are many different ways in which you could meet Sae-byeok. I feel most would go the same way in terms of her starting as cold/untrusting of you, but soon warming to the idea of being close to you, whether that be a friendship or relationship :') I plan on doing a few of these "How you meet" scenarios, so I hope you enjoy them!

Sae-byeok takes Cheol out for a night at an arcade where you happen to work.

The night had been a dull one with not many customers visiting the arcade other than a few kids who occupied the claw cranes closest to the exit and one of your colleagues who was performing a service on any other machine just in front of you.

You watch on in mild amusement at the kids who animatedly jump up and down as they take turns on the crane. Each time they grab a large Pikachu teddy, you think that maybe this could be the winner to no avail.

A sudden rush of air suggests that the entrance situated to your right had been opened, only to reveal your manager/the owner of the arcade. He kindly greets you and sends a wave in the direction of the kids, who dejectedly wave back before searching the arcade for another game to play.

"How has it been today, Y/N?" Your manager asks as he joins you behind the exchange and ticket counter.

"Quiet for now, but we had a busy morning to make up for it." Your answer brings a smile to the owners face, which isn't easily missed. It was no secret around town that the arcade was suffering as a result of a more modern establishment opening just down the street from this one.

"Good, we need all the busy mornings we can get at the moment," he replies with a short pause before continuing. "You've been working hard recently; why don't you get off early tonight? I'll lock up."

"Are you sure? I don't mind staying. Besides, maybe staying open a bit longer will do some good?" your response comes as a surprise to your manager, but he seems to take your idea on board for a minute.

"Only if you're sure, the offer is there should you change your mind. If you need me, I'll be in the office," he states before disappearing behind the colourful door behind your counter.

As the clock ticks on and a few customers come and go, you look to where the kids had been positioned at the claw cranes before, only this time you see one young looking boy pressing his face against the glass to glance inside at the items available to win. A tall, skinny girl appears from behind a dance machine close by and gets down to his level by leaning down.

Her sharp features and caring overlook to the boy intrigues you almost instantly, but you continue to make a show of being busy behind the counter. A customer close to the two you had glimpsed at a second ago calls over requesting your assistance.

As you approach the customer, you cannot help but look beyond them to catch another sight at the mystery girl. You can see her much more clearly now with the lights shining upon her. The details of her face are more striking than you first thought, and you find yourself wanting to talk to her, but you knew better than to disturb customers out of the blue.

After helping the person who requested your presence, you can't help overhearing the boy begging for one more shot on the claw machine. After relenting for a short second, the girl gives him the money for one more shot; seeing this as an opportunity to see the girl up close, you turn to face them and offer some helpful advice.

"Hey, Kiddo. Which prize are you trying to win?" you ask in as kind a voice as you can possibly muster. You notice that the moment you raise your voice to talk to him, the girl beside him makes an effort to pull him closer and send you a cold steel glance. A warning to stay where you are if you've ever seen one.

As to not go against her wishes, you take a look around before asking which prize he wants to win.

"The big yellow one!" he replies excitedly. You match his excitement in a response by saying that the boy has made a great choice. However, he then exclaims that he can't win it. And this is where you come in.

"Hmm, if you really want to win the yellow one, then you should press up three times, press right three times, then push the drop button before putting your money in. I think that will work."

He does as you instructed and places his money in the machine, granting him two attempts at the yellow Teddy. As he lines up the perfect effort, you can't help but shine a sly smile knowing that this was one of the machines developer tricks to grant a win.

He dumps the claw down, which grips hold of his chosen target, the Pikachu he desperately wanted. To the boy's amazement, the claw grips hold of the Pikachu and hoists it into the air while travelling back to the drop off point. Even to the girl's surprise, the prize drops into the slot where he fishes the award out while excitedly exclaiming and throwing it in the air.

"Thank you, miss! Thank you!" he repeats over and over before colliding into your body to give you a tight hug of appreciation.

"Congratulations, kiddo! All I did was offer some advice; you did all the hard work," you reply, not before chancing a look at the girl beside him whose features had relaxed massively. She looks at you warmly and approaches you from the side.

"Thank you; you didn't have to do that," she speaks with a husky tone. The sound of her voice was like a dream, and that was all it took to make you want to know everything about her.

"I wanted to! He's a sweet kid.... Anyway, I'll let you enjoy the great of your night." You say, but you can't help mentally cursing yourself for messing it up, or so you thought. As you turn to walk away, the mystery girl hastily calls out.

"Sae-byeok,,, Kang Sae-byeok. That's- that's my name." her nervous and awkward appearance shocks you as the girl from a few moments ago who looked like she had the intent to harm you if you were to mess with the kid had disappeared.

"Y/N Y/L/N," you respond; the smile on your face isn't even close to being hidden. You continue, "it's a pleasure to meet you, Kang Sae-byeok."