Chapter 10

'Uhh hmm' She said turning away again. Why can't just people leave her alone? It's good that she hasn't had her drink yet. Her alcoholic tone is way worse when she is pissed.

'So you're just gonna ignore me?' he said.

'You think?' she said sarcastically.

'You know I missed you.' he said as he ordered something for himself. She turned to look at him. He had taken a seat and was looking back in her black iris. He looked handsome as always. He had his elbow on the counter. His hairs were pushed back. He wore cologne. The smell which she knew all too well. She wanted to gag at his face but she won't make a scene here, she promised herself.

'Don't you think it's a little too late for that now, Jake.' she said as she sipped her drink, awkwardly staring at the shelf behind the counter. she was nervous as fuck. But dare she let anyone know that. She cussed at Betty for not rescuing her from this awkward situation.

'Listen to me Arya' he said as she placed his hands on hers at the counter. She immediately took her back.

'Don't. You had your chance and you fucked it up.' She said looking inside the drink trying to be calm. She was shivering, literally. She just wanted to get out of here.

'I was looking for you all over, Arya.' someone said from behind. She turned around to see her savior. Harry was walking towards her, towards them. She had to act fast. She just wanted to get out of it. She stood up from her bar stool.

'Hey babe!' she said and pulled his arm and kissed him. She thanked herself for the thousandth time that she was wearing heels. Otherwise, she could in no way have reached his lips, although even he was bending a little. She pulled back to look into his eyes. She had her back to jake, so he could not see her expressions. Harry looked a little confused by her sudden movement but thank goodness he did not pull away. She gave him a I can explain everything!! She squeezed his arm gently because he hadn't said anything. In order for him to play along if at all he understood a thing of what was going on, he had to say something.

'Everything okay?' he asked. She sighed in relief. She would have sunk into the floor if he would have asked What the fuck was that? instead of this.

'Yeah. Let's go.' She said giving him a smile before looking back at Jake. He was looking at them with his mouth agape all this time.

'Hey man. Nice to see you here.' Jake spoke as he realized he was looking at them like a lost puppy.

'Hey Jake.' Harry replied.

'I guess, I'll see you around.' Jake said. They both looked at each other. 'Both of you.' He said to cut the tension. Harry entwined his fingers with hers and gave a small nod before turning around with her. They walked till they were on the other side of the hall, far away from Jake. He stopped and turned to look at her. He rested his shoulder on the wall beside him. She swallowed as she looked at him. He needs an explanation, she reminded herself. He was wearing a black blazer, a black shirt with no tie, and the first three buttons were unbuttoned showing his bare chest. She could see the swallows' tattoo partly.

'Stop checking me out' He snickered.

'Sorry.' she said looking away from his swallows.

'You are awfully quiet today.' He said.

'Yeah, coz I fucked up' she said looking back in his eyes. His fucking captivating green eyes. 'Are you sure you don't have a girlfriend? Someone who will scratch my eyes out for doing this.'

'I guess you're in luck' He said. 'Are you gonna tell me what all that was, or you're just gonna keep beating around the bush.' She bit her bottom lip.

'Oh come on. Why are you secretive? You literally know most of my weaknesses' He said raising his hands in the air.

'I'm your Psychiatrist.' She defended herself.

'So what? I'll be yours' He said and she couldn't help but smile. She soon realized that they were still holding hands. She looked at the hands and then back at him before slowly pulling it away.

'Fine. I'll explain. Just not today, not here.' she said putting her palms on both of her cheeks. He took her hands away from her face and held them.

'Promise, you won't lie?' he had a serious tone. She knew why he said that. 

'I won't.' Her voice was almost a whisper. He smiled at her.

'Come, let's dance.' he said as he took her into the crowd where there were people dancing before she could refuse.

'You're really enjoying having an upper hand, aren't you?' she said as she squinted her eyes on him. He gave her a toothy grin as he placed his hands on her back. 'Here' she said as she slipped her phone in his blazer's pocket and placed her arms on his chest. 'I hate you' she mouthed as they started moving with the beats of the song.

'And I love you too' he chuckled as they danced. It was a slow song so they vibed with it accordingly. 'Thought you were gonna come in your sweatshirt.' 

'Yeah, so that my Mom can look down on me.' she said and bit her lip. Why the hell does she have to say the wrong things.

'Your who?' he asked. Thank the lord for the loud music. 

'Betty. I was talking about Betty' she said covering up for her stupidity.

'I'm not that dumb, you know.' he said as he bent enough to reach her ears. Her cheeks flushed due to embarrassment.

'Please, don't ask questions.' she said looking up to him. Guilt flashed in her eyes. He rolled his eyes but let it go.

'Your ex is staring' he said looking straight. She tried turning back but before she could turn he pulled her closer. 'Come on, don't give him a reason.' Her face was buried in his chest. They were practically hugging. 

'I don't remember telling you that'

'Telling you what?' he asked as he looked down at her hairs.

'That he is my ex.' she said.

'Like I said, I'm not dumb.' he said. She snickered at his reply. How is he so adorable? 

'Are you laughing at me?' He asked smiling down at her. 

'Maybe if you loosen up your hold a little. You'll be able to see.' she said as she tried to pull away to see his face. 

'Nah, I'm fine.' he said as he placed her head back on his chest. They kept dancing because the music was actually soothing. 'Just this song.' He assured her as they danced along on ' A thousand years' song.

'Okay, I need a drink.' she finally said as the song ended. 'And I need to find Betty.' They went back towards the bar. Thankfully they did not run into Jake again. She took her phone from him to call Betty but she did not pick up.

'Great' she said in exasperation. She gave it back to him. The bartender served them their drinks and she thanked him.

'So, you're still in love with him?' he asked as he sipped his drink. And she choked on her drink.