ii | Sonder ❦ (1)

Please ignore any and all mistakes.
————————————————

— CLOUDED —

The shit we did, you won't believe meNow I'm at the turn up, lookin' lonelyThen they wonder why I'm quiet at them house parties'Cause everybody see meRoll some blunts and hit her once and now she need meHer nigga wanna be meBut they don't know I'm...

Now I'm at the turn up, lookin' lonely
Then they wonder why I'm quiet at them house parties
'Cause everybody see me
Roll some blunts and hit her once and now she need me
Her nigga wanna be me
But they don't know I'm fightin' demons
I feel like dyin' every season
I've been swimmin' in the deep end
•••••

"Amiré!" The voice yelled, bringing him back to reality. His eyes slowly opened, meeting hers to show he was finally listening.

He had zoned out, as he always does.

His professor shook her head at him, pointing to the door. "You really need to get out of your head young man, class ended about 8 minutes ago. Go home."

He tilted his head back, not moving a muscle as his eyes searched her face. He was looking for something, something he didn't even understand, all he knew was that he couldn't find it.

He did this to every person he came across.

"Would you notice if I disappeared Ms. Brenda?"

Caught off guard by the question, her face scrunched up in confusion. "What kind of question is that boy?"

He exhaled, relaxing his shoulders. "Just answer the question please."

"Of course I'd notice Amiré! Despite your weird zombie moments, you're one of the smartest students I've ever met. I mean you are the only student I've ever had, that gets one hundred percents on my anatomy exams." She smiled, placing her hands on her hips. "Now since we're asking questions, why would you disappear?"

Ignoring her question, he swallowed hard and got out of his seat, throwing his book bag on his shoulder. He met her eyes again and shrugged. "I won't, I just wanted to see if you would notice if I stopped coming to class."

She cut her eyes at him. "Yes Mr. North, I would notice and I wouldn't like it. So I expect to see you in this seat every Tuesday and Thursday, unless you're sick."

"Yes ma'am," He nodded, pushing his chair in. "I guess I'll see you Thursday— have a good day."

"You will. Have a good day as well Amiré, I want you to know if there's anything you need to talk about, even if it's not about anatomy, I'm here. Everyone would notice if you disappeared, because even without trying you stand out. You impact those around you."