We'd seen tanks at the last town. A giant, rickety, monstrous, mechanical beast that meandered through the town crushing whatever was in front of it. Fat wheels that rolled like caterpillars gripped tightly onto the earth and hauled the machine along. 

"What would happen to us if we're caught?" he asks again.
"We wouldn't be killed, we're too valuable to Schlatt," I say honestly. 

"But what if that's worse than him killing us?" I hadn't thought about that. 

"They'd take us back, wouldn't they?" Ranboo's words were less of a question and more of a statement. 

"Yes."

~~~~ Tommy's P.O.V ~~~~

Blasts of wind hit me in the face as they shoot from the base of the cliff to the edge where I'm sitting. I hug a knee close to my chest whilst my other leg dangles over the edge. Occasionally I feel a salty spray splatter my chapped lips. My matted hair blew about randomly and the breeze chilled me to the bone. 

I couldn't care less. The chill had become my sole companion in the desolate and grey coastline. The only constant. Always windy, always cold, always grey and cloudy. The chill and my thoughts, Dream and occasionally Ghostbur. 

And memories. 

****

The waterfall blasted down the rocky cliff loudly and the cool rock I sat on was a relief from the hot weather. But I had more important things to think about than how hot it was. I wipe the sweat from my brown and tune back into Techno's disapproving stare. 

"Were you even listening?" he glowers at me. 
"Yes yes yes, I was," I lie and give him a toothy grin. I had no idea why he even wanted to talk to me in the first place. Or why I should care, or why we had to go away from the house or why he had to pull me away from the game Tubbo and I were playing. Technoblade sighs and tuts. 

"Tommy, you've got to learn, Phil can't keep looking out for you like this!" he scolded but I'm confused. 

"What do you mean?"
"I mean what happened this morning. You couldn't even go into town to buy food without Phil. Wilbur and I go alone all the time, you need to learn," I'm still confused. 

"Why can't I go with Phil? He knows everybody and I don't know nobody," I huff. 
"Because Phil has other... stuff to do, you've got to do things yourself now," I groan at Technoblade's lecture. 

"But that's so hard and this is so boring, can't you and Wilbur just do it?" I complain and stand up from the rock. 
"No Tommy, we can't. Wilbur and I are leaving," I freeze. 

"What?"
"You heard me, Wilbur and I are leaving. I'm leaving to help free people from oppressive government and Wilbur says he plans to leave with Sally in a year or two."

Wilbur and Techno, gone. They can't just leave me like this! We haven't even finished training, I'm nowhere near as good as them yet and they promised to teach me. 

"What? Why? You don't have to go anywhere you can be Mr big anarchy guy here!" I say my voice rising a little. 
"Because it's time for me to go, you have to deal with it," Techno says firmly. 

"But..." I'm too shocked to form real words. 

They're leaving, they're really leaving. Wilbur will be gone and Techno will be gone. Who's going to help Phil? I don't know how to help with old man stuff, I don't know how to make food or farm or do anything. Wilbur and Techno always helped him do that stuff.