(alternate summary)

(alternate summary)

caleb, a chemotherapy-taking 17 year old, is confined at westbrooke children's hospital. yes, you heard that right, children's hospital.

caleb doesn't completely get it why he was put in a children's hospital when he's half a year away from adulthood. he tried to beg the hospital staff to be put in a normal, child free hospital because god knows children annoy him (and, secretly, freak him out).

he isn't that bothered anyways because reine, a 16 year old amputee, is stuck in westbrooke too. and since she's the one nearest his age (aside from the occasional interns), caleb grants her the honorary position of the much coveted one legged best friend role.

everything's all bubbles and trees with these two. running across the halls (limping in reine's case), sliding down the staircases (which pissed reine off because she already broke a leg and she sure wasn't breaking the other), and pissing off the nurses (where reine actually had some fun).

well, at least before the grouchy, ill-tempered spaniard, dante hernandez, appeared along with his constant puffs of smoke.

and caleb thinks that maybe, just maybe, he can fix this (much to reine's disapproval of course).

~*~*~

[a/n:] hi so it's ian again!

this is a new thing i'm working on. this is an overall light book and is centered around the progression of the characters from when we first meet them to their last moments on words.

dedicated to @FreeTheLGBT for being rad and promoting positive stuff.