13

(I don't know the artists name, I found it in Pibtrest. Please! Please tell me the artist if you recognize it. If you know that the artist does not want their artworks to be used, please directly tell me in the comments.)

I'm so tempted to make Tanjiro tall to scare others rather than him being his canon height. Tell me if you guys would like that.

A - Make him Tall
B - Make him short (tell me a height to average it)
C - Keep it as the canon height (5'5" - 165 CM)

Thank you for participating in the survey~!
• • •

Chapter 13: Secret Unrevealed!

The Pillars took on a hostile stance as Tanjiro removed his nichirin blade from his fellow superior—as if he would accept a brute like the Wind Pillar— and scowled. The grip on the box tightened as he lifted it and brought it close to his chest. He quickly backed away into the corner of the Master's open room. An indecent display, but he was allowed to as his sister could be feeling threatened.

His trembling fingers reached into the open box to curl around Nezuko's shivering, red arm sleeve. Her face displayed discomfort as she shifted around the stained cushions built in to protect her body from any impact.

"It's ok, Nezuko. Big brother is here and he won't allow it to happen again..." — Tanjiro whispered her a promise. Nezuko looked up at him with furrowed-up brows— doubted, of course.

"See! Those things are sick and dangerous creatures! They deserve death! It's outrageous how you brought them here, Tomioka and Kocho!" — Shinazugawa screamed. The Pillars turned to him with dissatisfaction. The Love Pillar was the first to speak.

"How could you say such a cruel thing! You hurt his remaining family member, of course, he would get furious! You're outrageous, Shinazugawa-san! You've displayed nothing other than disrespectful things to our guests. He was doing fantastic before you came along with your troublesome idea. Why don't you ever hear out your peer's opinions?!" — Kanroji scolded.

The Wind Pillar looked baffled. Kanroji clenched her teeth before pointing her finger at him.

"Have you never noticed your surroundings!? None of you? These two have been here longer than most of us! The moment I stepped here with the title of 'Pillar' I saw these... children watching you all train. They aren't here to eat us or devour us! They are here to be our friends, get revenge for their families just like us, and end the population of demons." — She turned to her peers that looked away with great shame.

The boy on the tree had hidden behind his haori.

"If-If this is what Pillars represent, then we shouldn't have the right to have successors or have such a majestic title! It's infuriating to watch such a terrible show be put on." — Kanroji heaved a breath before resting her tightened posture.

Never had she raised her voice, not even to her enemy. She had her morals and her morals stood until she was officially branded as dead.

Without notice, somebody cleared their throat causing all Pillars to look over.

There stood the familiar man, Kagaya Ubuyashiki. He didn't have his regular, sincere smile.

"I'm... I'm quite frankly disappointed in most of you. Except for Mitsuri Kanroji." — Ubuyashiki tells them.

The bow they had felt heavy, disappointment filling their proud hearts.