11

Chapter 11: Spiders & A Mountain!

The morning that the four had awakened, Tanjiro had been especially observant toward Zenitsu. Tanjiro had no doubts that the blond-haired boy had fallen head over heels for his younger sister. He would not let her leftover innocence be tainted! Tanjiro glared at the boy when he reached to grab Nezuko's kimono. A squeal leaving Zenitsu's lips.

Nezuko, having enough of Zenitsu's squealing and grumbling about strange things, stuffed herself into her box. She had cushions installed on each side, thankfully.

"Nezuko-Chan!" — Zenitsu whined. Nezuko hearing her name being childishly changed glared at the culprit. Zenitsu quickly deteriorated into a liquid when Nezuko's demonic eyes went slit. Nezuko continued to stare off at the guy as he curled himself into a ball. 'What is he doing? Brother, I'm terrified of this man...' — Nezuko looked up at Tanjiro.

Tanjiro sighed as he dragged Zenitsu's unconscious body into the sleeping bag.

"They're good assistants at times" — Tanjiro admitted. Nezuko shook her head not believing so.

When Nezuko stood up for snacks. She was suddenly caught in a marathon because of Zenitsu chasing her around.

"Nezuko-Chan!" — Zenitsu called out, unaware of the consequences the squeal would lead him to.

The vision that Inosuke was left with was Zenitsu banging on the closet door, attempting to leave, and two proud Kamado siblings enjoying each other's company. Nezuko patted Inosuke's boar hide causing him to challenge her.

'Bring it on, scum!' — Nezuko insults.

"She said 'Bring it on, scum!'" — Tanjiro narrated. Inosuke yelled and leaped forward.

• • •

Sumiko appeared on Tanjiro's shoulder, taking in the rather absurd scenery. Inosuke was laying flat on the floor with a large knot on his head. Zenitsu was busy decorating the box with pink flowers that matched Nezuko's kimono and eyes.

"Your next mission is North-Northwest! You three must head to Mt. Natagumo. Mt. Natagumo!" — Sumiko orders.

Tanjiro beamed that three would be heading on a mission together. "Well then, let's get ready for our mission?" — Tanjiro let Sumiko fly off to the roof of the mansion.

The three walked out prepared to fight on demons. Zenitsu and Tanjiro being the most formable out of the three bowed to the elder. Inosuke messed around with his chipped nails. "Thank you for taking care of us!" — Tanjiro says to the elder woman.

"For good luck" — The elder then brought a small tool out and started to spark it with a rock of some sort. Seeing the elder do this enraged Inosuke.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, old lady!" — Inosuke yells. He was hit on the back of the knee by Zenitsu that stood with an angered expression. "Are you crazy? She's doing a purification ceremony since we are heading onto a dangerous mission! Get a hold of yourself!" — Zenitsu yells back.

Hisa, the elder, seemed to not mind Inosuke's bluntly rude remarks. "Have a safe trip. Live your life's with pride" — Hisa walks back into the mansion leaving the three to walk off.