She shrugged with a cheeky smile. “I was bored.”

I mirrored her earlier smirk. “So stalking people is what you do for entertainment?”

“Kinda, yeah.” She dug into one of the bag and got out a Chinese food takeaway pack. “You hungry? I brought Chinese.”

As if reminding me that the only thing I've had all day was ice cream, my stomach growled but I didn't think she heard it. I just nodded in response and accepted the chopsticks she passed.

She and I settled in the living room each with a pack of noodles. I was still confused as to why she decided to visit and chose to ask.

“You mind telling me why you suddenly decided to pop up to my house with Chinese food?”

Her hand stopped halfway to her mouth and worry flashed in her eyes. “You don't like the food?”

“No, it's not that.” I rushed out. “I just wasn't expecting you. Is everything okay?”

While I was talking, her eyes became sad and she stared down at her food to avoid my gaze. Something was clearly bothering her and I didn't expect her to tell me but she came to my house so maybe she wanted to.

“I'm fine.” She smiled but there was no joy or mirth behind it. “So what are we watching?”

“Steve Harvey.”

I saw a real smile on her face this time. “Cool. The man's gotten me through some pretty tough times.”

“Lianne…” I wanted to ask if she was alright, why she was unhappy but of course she didn't let me and interrupted.

“What flavor of ice cream is that?” Her finger gestured to my abandoned tub.

I decided to answer her question hoping the conversation would lead to what I wanted to know. “Mint chocolate chip.”

She cringed with a gag. “You mean toothpaste and chocolate?”

I was offended by that. How dare she call my favorite ice cream such vile names?! “How dare you call my favorite ice cream teethpaste?!”

“It's toothpaste.”

“Not where I'm from!”

“I think it's toothpaste everywhere.”

“Forget about that. Why do you not like mint chocolate chip? It's amazing!!” She let her shoulders answer. “Okay, so what's your favorite?”

“Cookie dough, red velvet or vanilla.”

It was my turn to cringe. “You mean half-done snack, cake and plain Jane?”

She laughed airily. “Yes.”

“If you like vanilla so much why don't you just lick air? They taste the same.” I sassed.

“Air tastes like nothing.”

“Exactly!”

She burst into laughter, not the posh, pretentious laugher, a real one coming from the gut. Maybe she even snorted once but maybe I was mistaken. It was adorable though. I sat with a satisfied smile watching her laugh for the duration she did before controlling herself.

“I needed that.” I heard her mutter.

I didn't ask why, not wanting to make her uncomfortable but my suspicions were confirmed. We went back to watching the show but I wasn't really concentrating. I was busy trying to figure out what could've been worrying her.

Could it be about Nolan? I wondered. Or maybe her sister?

I noticed her shiver a few times and mentally slapped myself for leaving the AC on and not offering her a blanket. I got the remote and turned off the air conditioner, hoping the room would warn up on its own soon.

She turned to me quickly with a slightly confused expression. “Why'd you put it off?”

“You were cold, I'd be a terrible host if I didn't.”

She shook her head gently. “No, it's okay, I like the cold.”

I couldn't argue with her mainly because I felt that. “Well, let me at least get you a blanket.”

She nodded. I got one from my extra supplies and wrapped it over her shoulders, keeping my hands on them a moment longer than necessary. After receiving a grateful look, I returned to my seat turning on the air conditioner again and snuggling into my own blanket.

Hours later, after nearly falling off our seats multiple times, Lianne announced that she was ready to leave. I couldn't help but feel a little saddened by that for some reason.

She had her own home and wasn't obligated to stay with me but I really enjoyed her company. She had good taste in everything but ice cream and hilarious jokes, in a way she made my relaxation day a lot more relaxing.

“Thanks for coming, Lianne.” I said as sh got into her car.

“Thanks for having me. It looked like you had something going on before I got here, sorry for interrupting.” She answered shyly.

“You actually made the day better, I'll make sure to include you the next time. Feel free to visit anytime but call first so I can get everything ready for you.” I told her.

“Sure, next time you better have vanilla ice cream.”

I scoffed. “We have air everywhere, you won't even know the difference. It's free too.”

She let out another laugh, shaking her head. “Bye Oliver.”

“Bye, Anne.” I tried.

“Don't call me ‘Anne’, I'm not a grandma.”

“Just testing the name, I wanna give you a nickname, Lianne's a bit formal.”

“Get another one and Lianne is a beautiful name.”

I nodded as she started her BMW and drove into the road. I, on the other hand, stood there till the car was out of sight, wondering when I'd see her again.

Author's Note

Yes, I know, this chapter is short, don't kill me please.

Time to get real with you guys. I'm going through a lot at home. Nothing bad is happening but there's a lot going that's stressing me out. I have no motivation to write anymore especially this book.

I will be taking a break but I will still be active on Wattpad and still be writing in Graham Family Moments but the updates will be very slow. I will still be active on all the roleplays I participate in, I just won't be writing in this book for a while.

I hope you guys understand.

Thank you.

Also, don't forget to vote and comment to encourage me. Hope you enjoyed the chapter, if you have any notes or suggestions just put them in the comments.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

-E