And they took it..

The sudden crash of thunder silenced the room. The pounding water hitting against the windows, the storm outside beginning to worsen.

I couldn't stay here. Not with liars.

I turned around, deciding not to see their sickening faces anymore. I had to calm down. Run away again like I always end up doing.

He knew what I was going to do.
"Don't you dare go out into that storm y/n. It's too dangerous!" Dream was the one to yell at me, his fist colliding with the wall beside him, shaking it.

"Well, news flash Dream. You don't control me!" I throw my hands up, tired up having tears and cries escape from my throat and eyes.

I swirled around, grabbing sight onto one of the outside doors.

Before they could stop me I began running, drowning out their voices.

I collided with one of the walls, almost knocking myself out as I grabbed the door handle and threw it open.

It crashed against wall, the breeze flowing the water droplets onto my face and into the castle.

I looked behind me one last time, seeing them chasing after. I shut the door tightly, it shifting on its hinges.

My clothes began to wet, the pouring rain soaking them.

Hearing pounding on the door, I shuffled away from it, trying to pick up my pace as I ran through the castle's village, the storm looming over.

                                     ~

I kept storming through the middle of the forest I was in, the trees not being a big help to clear out the pouring rain from my eyes.

I could barely see anything, only figuring out that I travelled up a cliff away from the beginning of the forest, the soil turning into a rock like consistency under my feet and the trees shrinking from around me.

It still felt like the trembling echos of their voices were still twirling in my mind, trying to grasp onto me.

Struggling through the rain, another thundering quake came from above.
I came to an abrupt stop. I clasped my hands over my ears, my sight still blinded from the rain.

'This was a reckless idea. Going out here. What was I thinking!'

I couldn't see one bit of anything. The thunder and lightening was deafening, I wasn't able to hear anything, not even my own footsteps.

I try to squint at the ground as I heaved in and out, seeing the squished mud up against my shoes, staining them. 

Something then grabs my arm forcefully and I give out a squeak.
It covers my mouth, stopping my muffling shrieks.

"Y/N PLEASE." Dream begged, grasping my waist with his arms, burying my head under his chin.

I rustled in his arms, trying to get out, him being way to strong for my liking.

Writhing in his arms more I catch the figures of George and Sapnap beside him.
I glare at the both of them and they look away.

"How are you here. Why are you here? Why did you chase after me damn it!" I squirmed, not giving into him.

He was quiet. Like he himself didn't know why.

"Let me go!" I commanded him, repeating it again and again.

He gave a heavy sigh and unwrapped his arms around my waist.

"As you wish." He gave back a plain answer, the tone in his voice one I've never heard before, admitting his defeat.

"Why. Just tell me why you didn't tell me about him. Why we're you going to keep it from me. I was going to find out eventually!" I hissed back at the three of them.

"An-And I was in the castle relentlessly for days. Doing nothing!" I took a few steps back away from them.

"You were healing y/n! Remember? I watched you get hurt at the festival. You were getting better! You weren't supposed to train.." Sapnap trailed off.

"Well, if that bastard guard was trying to come after me and kill me then I should have been the one searching for him! Instead of Tommy!"
I stumbled backwards more unintentionally, the rain and fog still blinding me through the night.

"Y/n. Please don't take a step back further. Trust me on this." Dream begged again, trying to take my hand into his but ending up grabbing thin air.

"Trust you? After all of this? Why would I trust you guys at all now? You broke it over something that should have never been a thing in the first place. I could have taken care of it.." I shook my head, accidentally taking one last step back.

All of our their eyes grew wider and I realized why they wanted me to go near them..

The ground from under by body couldn't take my weight, the cliff beginning to grumble and shake.

"Y/N, GRAB MY HAND NOW!" George screamed at me, the panic in his voice not settle one bit.

I was too late..

I stood on the very edge of the cliff, the earth giving away, crumbling beneath my feet and dropping into what seems like a never ending abyss.

Time is what I wished I had in that moment. Just one last second. Maybe I could have done my choices differently..reacted differently. Maybe I couldn't have been so stupid..

I've never heard Dream scream ever. His voice was full of emotion, full of regret, as he reached his vines out from under the soil, trying to grab my body in time.

He wasn't fast enough. He watched my body fall into the abyss, my widened eyes filled with the same regret he had, knowing what was going to happen next.

He was too late..just like I was too late..

"Y/N!"

A/N ~ No words. Just free angst for y'all even tho you didn't ask for it-
wc: 2,054